The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

Knorp

Thanks everybody.
Well, I guess, I better change my ways! :banghead: :grin:
Yes K-H, you better change your ways quickly ... :grin:
Joking aside, my point was that my modest-sized images are sometimes not visible at all to you, while your humongous-sized images on my system are most of the time loading smoothly albeit with some delay and sometimes loading in parts and taking a lot of time, but do load completely in the end.

Meaning could it be my ISP, where I keep my images stored, causing the time-outs ?

Knorp

I have noticed that a lot of my shots posted at 'small sizes' look pretty awful in terms of lack of detail and punch compared to Bart's and KH...

I will revisit size issue.
And it was me who found your shots pretty ‘punchy’ compared to mine in particular the beach shots ... :LOL:

BTW - I never thought of your shots as ‘awful’ in terms of IQ. Small maybe, but certainly not awful !

V

Vivek

20MB! :bugeyes:

Will it double when the 100mp sensor is available?:poke:
:LOL:

k-hawinkler

Yes K-H, you better change your ways quickly ... :grin:
Joking aside, my point was that my modest-sized images are sometimes not visible at all to you, while your humongous-sized images on my system are most of the time loading smoothly albeit with some delay and sometimes loading in parts and taking a lot of time, but do load completely in the end.

Meaning could it be my ISP, where I keep my images stored, causing the time-outs ?

Well Bart, in principle that could be the ISP.
Or it could be the Internet provider for the last mile.

Pieter never seems to experience this, why?
It could be that he only looks at our images when there is not a lot of demand otherwise. Or his ISP is better.

BTW I have set 10 posts to be displayed per GetFPI page. Why?
I noticed images having problems on a 20-post-page if there were many large images ahead.

So my solution has to be much smaller file sizes with a link to a larger more detailed jpg. :thumbup:
One would have to click that link in order to actually see that larger image. :LOL:

V

Vivek

It serves no one if a page does not load or images unseen.

The image size issue has been put to rest as far as the Sony section was concerned, a while ago.

Yes, a separate link to bigger files is a good solution. :thumbs:

I, for one, have no inclination to post large files or ones without very large (often unnoticeable but it is there in every image of mine) watermark online.

scho

Well Bart, in principle that could be the ISP.
Or it could be the Internet provider for the last mile.

Pieter never seems to experience this, why?
It could be that he only looks at our images when there is not a lot of demand otherwise. Or his ISP is better.

BTW I have set 10 posts to be displayed per GetFPI page. Why?
I noticed images having problems on a 20-post-page if there were many large images ahead.

So my solution has to be much smaller file sizes with a link to a larger more detailed jpg. :thumbup:
One would have to click that link in order to actually see that larger image. :LOL:
Hi K-H,

I usually post 1600 pixel wide images and embed a link to a larger image (usually a 1/2 size or full original size image) in the small image. User can just click the posted image to see larger version in a new window.

Regards,
Carl

k-hawinkler

Hi K-H,

I usually post 1600 pixel wide images and embed a link to a larger image (usually a 1/2 size or full original size image) in the small image. User can just click the posted image to see larger version in a new window.

Regards,
Carl
Thanks Carl.
How do you link the larger image to the smaller one you do display? TIA.

scho

Thanks Carl.
How do you link the larger image to the smaller one you do display? TIA.
This is how I do it (NO hash tags):
1. click the insert image icon in the tool bar above and paste in link to your small image: #[url]https://url[/url] for small image.jpg#
2. select the above line in you post and click link icon, enter url for large image: [#URL="https://url for large image.jpg#"]#[url]https://url[/url] for small image.jpg#[/URL#]

k-hawinkler

1. click the insert image icon in the tool bar above and paste in link to your small image: #[URL]https://url[/URL] for small image.jpg#
2. select the above line in you post and click link icon, enter url for large image: [#URL="https://url for large image.jpg#"]#[URL]https://url[/URL] for small image.jpg#[/URL#]
Many thanks Carl, much appreciated! :thumbs: :salute:

Knorp

1. click the insert image icon in the tool bar above and paste in link to your small image: #[url]https://url[/url] for small image.jpg#
2. select the above line in you post and click link icon, enter url for large image: [#URL="https://url for large image.jpg#"]#[url]https://url[/url] for small image.jpg#[/URL#]
Thanks, Carl. I'll give this a try with a 'suitable' image.
Yesterday I tried various JPEG quality settings (C1P) ranging from 100% to 50% and found that at 90% the (GFX-50s) images sized 1800x1350 stay well below 1 MB.
That should do, me thinks ...

Krgds.

k-hawinkler

Last night I was taking pictures outside of a neighnor’s Christmas/Holidays lights. It was pretty cold, way, way below freezing. I was taking photos, my guess for 15 to 20 minutes, before returning to a warm, 70 degree Fahrenheit enveronment. Nothing peculiar so far. The GFX 50S worked just fine, as expected.

Hours later, while adjusting 50S settings, I noticed really weird behavior looking through the EVF. Lots of jittering, white colors instead of dark. :banghead:

However the LCD looked absolutely fine, no issue at all. :clap:

So, I took off the EVF and the EVF swivel attachment, that lets me use the EVF at different angles, and then put both back on. Problem solved. :thumbup:

I assume, returning from a freezing cold outside to a warm and relatively moist inside room, must have caused some condensation at the electrical contacts of the EVF and attachment. Simply reseating the gear seems to have been enough to correct the problem. :thumbs:

¼ linear resolution. :LOL:

Last edited:

Knorp

Okay, I followed (more or less) the procedure as described by Carl.
Click in the image below to load the XXL image (4128x3096 6MB) and then click again to view the image at actual size ... :rolleyes:

| gfx 50s | gf 32-64 |

Elderly

This image shows on my iPad, whereas the two images you posted in artful flora don’t. :banghead:
Maybe it's because of ………………………………………………

………………………?

Apologies Bart :D.

PS. Who is going to alter the M to a D

V

Vivek

Click in the image below to load the XXL image (4128x3096 6MB) and then click again to view the image at actual size ... :rolleyes:

| gfx 50s | gf 32-64 |
Bart, The XXL from Xsforall stalls and no image is displayed in the end.

k-hawinkler

| gfx 50s | gf 32-64 |
Thanks Bart. Great picture that I can see! :thumbs:
However when I click on it, I get to see only a small horizontal strip of the larger image. :loco:
Back to square one, I am afraid. :facesmack:

Knorp

Bart, The XXL from Xsforall stalls and no image is displayed in the end.
Okay, thanks Vivek. did you try to refresh the XXL page ?
I noticed after the first time a new tab was openend to the XXL image but the image was not loaded, only after a page refresh.

Knorp

Thanks Bart. Great picture that I can see! :thumbs:
However when I click on it, I get to see only a small horizontal strip of the larger image. :loco:
Back to square one, I am afraid. :facesmack:
I'm not surprised at all, K-H.
For if a 3 MB image won't load a 6 MB image won't load either.
So let me try a lower JPEG quality setting that takes the XXL image down to ± 1 MB.
Stay tuned ... :facesmack:

V

Vivek

Okay, thanks Vivek. did you try to refresh the XXL page ?
I noticed after the first time a new tab was openend to the XXL image but the image was not loaded, only after a page refresh.
No, Bart. Not on my ipad.

“Cannot load image because the network connection was lost”

k-hawinkler

I'm not surprised at all, K-H.
For if a 3 MB image won't load a 6 MB image won't load either.
So let me try a lower JPEG quality setting that takes the XXL image down to ± 1 MB.
Stay tuned ... :facesmack:
Thanks Bart. I have a simple but basic question:

Which part of the Internet imposes these restrictions, source server, the Internet, destination server GetDPI, or somewhere in between? :facesmack: