The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

Pelorus

Hello Bart, I'm keen to know what information you have on the 45-100/4. I enquired last week about this lens and the answer from Fuji was "no current plans". I'd really like that "lens" but the information I was given suggested that currently it's vapourware.
Regards
Mike

Good show, Louis. Hope you'll find your 23 pretty soon.
To me a 17 UWA seems a bit too much, I find the 23 already almost more than I can handle.
Actually I'm looking forward to that 45-100/4.
But I can imagine you prefer to stick to the lighter primes.

All the best.

Knorp

Hello Bart, I'm keen to know what information you have on the 45-100/4. I enquired last week about this lens and the answer from Fuji was "no current plans". I'd really like that "lens" but the information I was given suggested that currently it's vapourware.
Regards
Mike
Hi there Mike,

well I guess I'm in the same boat as you. The 45-100/4 is supposedly to be released somewhere in 2020.
It would be a huge disappointment (to me) if it truly turned out to be vapourware.
Rumour has it that there will be announcements from Fuji this Friday: Fujifilm-X-Summit
Hopefully we will learn more of what's coming.

Krgds.

Pelorus

Thanks Bart, Yes let's hope that Friday has something of interest.

Hi there Mike,

well I guess I'm in the same boat as you. The 45-100/4 is supposedly to be released somewhere in 2020.
It would be a huge disappointment (to me) if it truly turned out to be vapourware.
Rumour has it that there will be announcements from Fuji this Friday: Fujifilm-X-Summit
Hopefully we will learn more of what's coming.

Krgds.

biglouis

First outing with the 50R. As I was passing the famous BT Tower in London the Royal Marines were hosting an event for their charity by offering the experience of abseiling down the tower. I only have the 45/2.8 lens at present but I do have a 50mpx sensor.

#

biglouis

And I had thought you had sold your GFX cameras because of weight?...
Will, I explained in a discussion above that weight or not I decided that after only a few months of working with only my X-T3 I missed the detail, dynamic range and general look of the GFX sensor so much I just had to go back to it - weight or no weight. The GFX50R is significantly lighter and less 'bricky' than the 50S and if I avoid using anything but the lightest lenses, e.g. mainly use the 45/2.8 then I can cope with the weight. I was also prompted to make the move because I found a good deal on a refurbished 50R body and lens which otherwise would have been significantly more expensive. If my experience is anything to go by you have to be careful downgrading from MF to smaller sensors because you will be dissatisfied with the results thereafter.

LouisB

Shashin

Will, I explained in a discussion above that weight or not I decided that after only a few months of working with only my X-T3 I missed the detail, dynamic range and general look of the GFX sensor so much I just had to go back to it - weight or no weight. The GFX50R is significantly lighter and less 'bricky' than the 50S and if I avoid using anything but the lightest lenses, e.g. mainly use the 45/2.8 then I can cope with the weight. I was also prompted to make the move because I found a good deal on a refurbished 50R body and lens which otherwise would have been significantly more expensive. If my experience is anything to go by you have to be careful downgrading from MF to smaller sensors because you will be dissatisfied with the results thereafter.

LouisB
Sorry, Louis, I missed the discussion--I never paid attention to my parents either. But thanks for the reply.

Yes, it is tough. I went from a Pentax medium-format to APS-C. In my case, I missed the spontaneity of a smaller camera. Travelling was harder with the Pentax system. I find the Fuji gear effortless in comparison. Still, I am not getting rid of the Pentax anytime soon. The trick I found with my Pentax was to have a comfortable carrying solution.

Glad to see you posting MFD again.

PeterA

more mucking around....different beach...I like to try different stuff when I get the time and chance - since I'm not really one of those people who go and hunt 'locations' - mainly just a happy snapper.. love this GFX100 chaps -:)