The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

scho

The rain finally stopped today around noon so I had a chance to get out for awhile with the 50R and Canon EF 16-35 f/4L II. Shots below were taken on a walk around the Cornell Newman Arboretum ponds. The 16-35 auto focus was erratic (via Kipon Af adapter) and at times simply refused to focus. I am waiting to receive a conversion adapter to use my Cambo Actus with the GXF. I have several LF and MF lenses in lens plates for the Actus that may work with the GFX.

All shot at f/11, ISO 100.

19mm

29mm

20mm

scho

I received the conversion kit for my Cambo Actus and after assembling the Actus with the new parts (rear standard with GFX bayonet and riser block for front standard) I took a few test shots with the 50R. Samples below were with the Cambo 60 mm f/4 Actar lens and Schneider APO 47 mm f/5.6 Digitar.

60mm Actar ISO 100 f/11, Japanese Fern

47mm Schneider ISO 100 f/11, two shots stitched

scho

We took a rainy afternoon drive up the road to Iron Kettle farm near Candor, NY. Fuji GFX 50R with the 45/2.8.

Pumpkins

More pumpkins

and some colorful corn

scho

Buttermilk Falls in Ithaca,NY. Not ideal conditions with low flow and a ton of holiday tourists crawling around. I cloned out a few from the lower end of the trail. This is from an 84 MP stitch from 4 shots with the 50R on a Cambo Actus with 60mm f/4 Actar lens. Exposure was about 1/4 sec at f/16 and ISO 50. Click for a larger (50% downsize of original) image.

Another stitched image (2 shots) looking across to the bottom of the trail and shale/limestone cliff at the base of the falls.

Last edited:

scho

Took the 50R with 45/2.8 out for a walk in the park, with no intentions of shooting birds but they kept getting in my face so I blasted away.:rolleyes:

Lift off

Plop down

PeterA

haven't seen such clean colour and genuine sparkle - since CCD chipped Leaf and Sinar backs and M9 I used to shoot with Fuji colour is under-rated.

biglouis

Carl, your Canada geese shots made me smile because the same thing happened to me yesterday - even the same birds - and the same 50R/45f2.8 setup.