The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

Don Libby

Also doing more than wildlife.

This is the view of the Tetons from the window at Shane's Cabin in Jackson Hole. Shot with the GFX 100 and GF23mm

DSCF0301 Shane's Cabin Oct 13 2019 .jpg

scho

We just brought this hibiscus in from the cold and it started popping blossoms. GFX 50R with Cambo Actus and a Rodenstock APO 100mm f/5.6 Sironar-S lens that I use mostly on a little 6x9 view camera with 120 roll film.

Don Libby

What do you think of that lens Don?
Great lens! I have the 23, 45, 32-64, 120, 100-200 and the 250 (I also have the 1,4TC) All the lenses are stellar. I had the 63 for a short while early on however just could not "connect" to it. It was just "okay" and I found I didn't use it much so got rid of it.

Don

Pelorus

Thanks Don, we have just the two zooms and I'm blown away by how good they are. It's 25 years since I last owned a zoom and optics have certainly come a long way in that time.

Great lens! I have the 23, 45, 32-64, 120, 100-200 and the 250 (I also have the 1,4TC) All the lenses are stellar. I had the 63 for a short while early on however just could not "connect" to it. It was just "okay" and I found I didn't use it much so got rid of it.

Don

scho

I had to hunt around for a few trees with decent color at the arboretum. GFX 50R 45/2.8

PeterA

Putting my first ever website together after doing a crash course in WordPress....optimising image for web and then re-post looks like it is going to be a 'journey'....the second one is showing some nasty artifacts all over the place on my screen...

Knorp

Putting my first ever website together after doing a crash course in WordPress....optimising image for web and then re-post looks like it is going to be a 'journey'....the second one is showing some nasty artifacts all over the place on my screen...
Luckily the weather was lovely ... :grin:

scho

A new cidery just opened a couple of miles from where we live on South Hill in Ithaca, NY. Excellent cider and beautiful view overlooking the valley. GFX 50R 45/2.8.

scho

One more view from South Hill. GFX 50R 45/2.8 two shots stitched in Lightroom.

Last edited:

Don Libby

Here's a couple samples of just how good the new GFX100 actuall is.

Oxbow Bend shot testing the GF45mm f/8 1/125 ISO 160

DSCF0626 Grand Tetons Oct 18 2019.jpg

And just to see how well the 100 does with shooting wildlife. Both of these are slightly cropped and we captured using the GFX100, GF250 and 1.4 TC. Both are handheld captures.

f/5.6 1/125 ISO 200

DSCF0843 Buffalo Oct 20 2019 Face.jpg

f/6.4 1/125 ISO 160

DSCF0907 Moose Oct 21 2019 copy.jpg