The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

Pelorus

You know that thing about Forming, Norming, Storming, Performing? Well the 50R and I are at the Storming point. A couple of times today I've felt like doing something unkind to him :p

I've come from Nikon F -> Leica M analog -> Alpa STC with Leaf backs (still) -> GFX 50R. I can never remember having unsharp photos as an effect of technique...but that's what's happening at the moment. Even with the wide zoom I just seem to need outrageously high shutter speeds to keep things sharp. The Japan light just seems so soft and mild compared to the overlit spotlights that are the character of Aussie light. It looks bright but it ain't.

Anyway, enough grumbling. This one is sharp - at least in C1. Golden Gai.

scho

Enfield Falls in Ithaca, NY. GFX 50R 45/2.8

On a hot summer day this walk up to the falls is a refreshing experience. Dam boards are out now and the creek is running free again.

Last edited:

scho

We did our annual drive into the hills south of Ithaca to visit our favorite orchard. Unfortunately we waited too long and we were well past harvest time and the peak of fall color. All with the GFX 50R with 45/2.8.

The owner's house next to the orchard (he had already left for warmer climes)\

The bird nest "crown" on the deer skull seems to get larger every year.

Not much left in the orchard. Next year we will visit earlier!

Just a few splashes of color left in the surrounding hills

Pelorus

Just as a few thoughts here: The Fuji colours just love Japanese skin tones. The light was so beautiful today - not much of it this morning but so soft and kind. All the preceding shots were straight out of the camera, no exposure adjustments, no crop, no adjustments of any sort. I think I like this camera.