The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

Knorp

Lovely .....

..... I still have a 1:87 scale Märklin version of this from the late 1950s/early 1960s :thumbup:

It too probably needs maintenance by now :).
I still have a cupboard full with all kinds of HO scale (1:87) Märklin locomotives and train sets.
Even a beautiful 125-year Anniversary Gauge I Crocodile (Spur I Krokodil).
Alas, nowadays they rarely see the light of day ... :cry:

scho

Taughannock Falls, a 10 minute drive from my home up on the west shore of Cayuga Lake. GFX 50R with the 45/2.8.

Lower Taughannock Falls just above where it enters the lake. There were several fishermen in the creek that I cloned out, but left one for scale.

scho

Another version of Lower Taughannock Falls without the fishermen (I cloned out 3 fishermen that were standing on and around the falls plus all of their gear that was lying on the shore next to the pool.). GFX 50R 45/2.8 at f/16, ISO 100, 1/6 sec. Click for full size image.

Don Libby

Jumping Buffalo

9-files shot on burst using a Fujifilm GFX 100, GF250 & 1.4 TC f/8 1/500 ISO 320. Shot handheld...

DSCF1336 Buffalo Jumping Oct 29 2019 copy.jpg
Sample.jpg

Elderly

I still have a cupboard full with all kinds of HO scale (1:87) Märklin locomotives and train sets.
Even a beautiful 125-year Anniversary Gauge I Crocodile (Spur I Krokodil).
Alas, nowadays they rarely see the light of day ... :cry:
I am VERY ENVIOUS of your spur 1 :salute:

My rather large collection of spur HO live in a very big box :thumbdown:

My 4-6-2 (as in your photo) is far too deep down to find :facesmack:
so please excuse a poor 'snap' of my 2-10-0 not taken with a Fuji.

I can't remember what I did earlier this morning,
but I do remember getting the above locomotive from a shop called Franz Carl Weber in Lugano
in early 1957 :loco:.

pegelli

^^ Great Ian! In model railroading I always liked the goods engines with smaller wheels as well as tank engines better, somehow they look more natural in a small environment then the big express engines. We had a 12 V direct current table with mainly Fleischman, Rivarossi and self built stuff (by my father). Most of what is left is also in boxes on the attic :facesmack:

Btw, in Europe a 2-10-0 is called 1E and a pacific 4-6-2 is called 2C1. The US counts wheels and over here they count axles.

Knorp

I am VERY ENVIOUS of your spur 1 :salute:

My rather large collection of spur HO live in a very big box :thumbdown:

My 4-6-2 (as in your photo) is far too deep down to find :facesmack:
so please excuse a poor 'snap' of my 2-10-0 not taken with a Fuji.

I can't remember what I did earlier this morning,
but I do remember getting the above locomotive from a shop called Franz Carl Weber in Lugano
in early 1957 :loco:.
Wow 1957 ! That's a long time back. And how did you end up in Lugano ?

I think I started in '66 with my first Märklin set.
Loved browsing the catalogs on end. And checking my piggy bank I found I was always short. No wonder with 25 cents (kwartje) a week pocket money ... :facesmack:
Perhaps we could start a separate thread for model trains ?

Brgds.