The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

scho

A few shots taken with the Fujinon 100-200 and GFX 50R on a walk along upper Buttermilk creek above the gorge. The OIS in this lens worked well and allowed me to stop down and get enough drag on the shutter to slightly blur the water, but still keep the overall image sharp. Looking forward to the companion of this lens (the 45-100) which would make a nice two lens kit.

scho

A couple of detail shots from the walkabout with the 100-200 on the 50R. All are handheld and cropped.

gurtch

Two shots from a walk along Cayuga Lake at the south end of the lake. GFX 50R 45/2.8 Processed in Luminar 4.

East Shore

West Shore
How do you like the way Luminar 4 processes GFX 50 R files? Does it apply the Fuji built in lens corrections? I purchased it, but have not yet downloaded the program, as my PC is in the shop for upgrading?
Thanks very much
Dave in NJ

scho

How do you like the way Luminar 4 processes GFX 50 R files? Does it apply the Fuji built in lens corrections? I purchased it, but have not yet downloaded the program, as my PC is in the shop for upgrading?
Thanks very much
Dave in NJ
Hi Dave,

I'm working on a Mac with a new OS (Catalina) and I haven't transitioned yet to using Luminar 4 as a standalone app for raw image processing. I have tried it and raw processing is possible but I didn't see any way to determine how or if it was using embedded profiles. Results look OK and not much different to what I get in Lightroom. The latter is still my main app for image processing and I have been using Luminar 4 as a plugin for Lightroom when I want to use special processing features not available in Lightroom. I will probably wean myself from Lightroom eventually, but for now I will wait awhile until Luminar 4 has had a chance to mature and lose the early bugs.

Best regards,
Carl

gurtch

Hi Dave,

I'm working on a Mac with a new OS (Catalina) and I haven't transitioned yet to using Luminar 4 as a standalone app for raw image processing. I have tried it and raw processing is possible but I didn't see any way to determine how or if it was using embedded profiles. Results look OK and not much different to what I get in Lightroom. The latter is still my main app for image processing and I have been using Luminar 4 as a plugin for Lightroom when I want to use special processing features not available in Lightroom. I will probably wean myself from Lightroom eventually, but for now I will wait awhile until Luminar 4 has had a chance to mature and lose the early bugs.

Best regards,
Carl
Thanks Carl. My version of Photoshop, CS 6, does not recognize GFX R files, so I resorted to batch converting them to DNGs, then Bridge to select the ones I wanted to work on, then to Photoshop to finish and print. I am pleased to say the new DXO Photo Lab 2.0 does a wonderful job of processing GFX raw files. I still finish in Photoshop, but DXO gives me a head start by applying some of their presets during conversion. I do not know if DXO uses the cooked in lens corrections, or uses their own fabulous profiles. I have been using DXO Optics Pro for many years, but you do not have to use it if you use their Photo Lab 2. .
Thanks again
Dave

scho

Buttermilk Falls in Ithaca, NY. GFX 50R Canon 24mm F3.5L TS-E II. Processed in LR with bald sky replacement in Luminar 4.

scho

Two more shots from the Buttermilk shoot 3 days ago. Both with the GFX 50R and Canon 24/3.5 L TS-E II lens.

Another view of Buttermilk Falls

Some ferns and lichens growing around and on a hemlock tree in the gorge. Some little animal has been excavating a home under the tree.

scho

"route re-calculation" the trail ahead appears to take a vertical 180 degree turn straight down into the river. GFX 50R GF 100-200