The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

Don Libby

Dante would be proud, I'm going from one extreme to another having picked up a GFX100 last month while shooting in Jackson Hole and now that I've returned home picking up a XT-3 with a 100-400 and 1.4 TC.

We seem to have a few hummingbirds that like to hang out in the back of the house and thought what better subject to test the XT3 and lens out than with an extremely small/fast subject. This was captured handheld, 560mm (equates to 840 full frame 35mm) f/8, 1/1000 ISO 5000. Processed in C1 and cropped in PSCC.

Attachments

Pelorus

有次 Aritsugu (Kyoto)

If you are looking for a well established business to buy a Japanese knife, then Aritsugu may fit the bill. They say they've been in business since 1756. I have visited two of their shops. This one in Kyoto's Nishiki market which is very "upmarket" and the store I much prefer which is very much more old fashioned and down to earth in the old Tsukiji market in Tokyo.

scho

A couple of snaps with the Tamron SP 90/2.8 DI Macro VC (EF mount) with the GFX 50R and Kipon AF EF-GFX adapter. See also the Fuji X thread for samples using the same lens with an XT3. Click image for larger view and detail. Versatile lens that works fine with adapters and various cameras (I use it with the Fuji GFX 50R, Fuji XT3, Canon R, and Sony A7r (FSM).

PeterA

We've had bushfire smoke envelope Sydney now for a week as fires rage up and down the east coast - so not much fun to photograph as far as good light goes and pretty poor quality air to breathe...anyway here are a few snaps from GFX

the Sun goes a weird bright red as it shines through the dense smoke

but people still go about their business

haven't had too much time lately - but am enjoying the reach of the 250+1.4TC - also I'm enjoying my new toy from Leica - but that is another story!

Cheers
Pete

scho

Fruit bowl. Fuji GFX 50R with Tamron SP 90/2.8 Di Macro. Five shots focus stacked in Zerene.

Pelorus

Pete, we want a selfie with you and your face mask! That's crappy air quality and no suggestion it might clear anytime soon. Does it lift in the afternoon with the sea breeze or do you just get back what's gone out to sea in the morning?

We've had bushfire smoke envelope Sydney now for a week as fires rage up and down the east coast - so not much fun to photograph as far as good light goes and pretty poor quality air to breathe...anyway here are a few snaps from GFX

[snip]

Cheers
Pete

PeterA

Pete, we want a selfie with you and your face mask! That's crappy air quality and no suggestion it might clear anytime soon. Does it lift in the afternoon with the sea breeze or do you just get back what's gone out to sea in the morning?
Sydney is surrounded by a ring of low mountains/tablelands - so the smoke gets trapped in the bowl - I notice a lot of people are wearing masks in the city but these are pretty useless as the lung damaging particles are smaller than the filtering capability of the typical paper mask can manage. - so no need to cover my handsome face! :ROTFL::ROTFL:

Pelorus

I used to work in Windsor...which is like the plug hole of the Sydney bowl...:ROTFL:

Sydney is surrounded by a ring of low mountains/tablelands - so the smoke gets trapped in the bowl - I notice a lot of people are wearing masks in the city but these are pretty useless as the lung damaging particles are smaller than the filtering capability of the typical paper mask can manage. - so no need to cover my handsome face! :ROTFL::ROTFL:

Thorkil

Fruit bowl. Fuji GFX 50R with Tamron SP 90/2.8 Di Macro. Five shots focus stacked in Zerene.

Hi Carl, I see you are making good use of the splendid Tamron 90 macro, which I found surprisingly sharp (in makro, sharper than Zeiss 100/2 at least at f5.6 and 8, but colors a bit more modest/spot on in the Zeiss I think)
and I will definitely keep that lens. KR thorkil