The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

Pelorus

Congratulations, I'm sure that Dante would approve Matt, so that's all that matters really :ROTFL:

The team here will be happy to spec up a suitable lens kit for you!!

I succumbed to X-H1 fever. Here's the traditional first image, 56/1.2 wide open and Cat.

Now I just need some more lenses... :LOL:

Matt

biglouis

I had to take some night time shots for a project I'm working on with my sometime co-author. She wanted the Charing Cross station at night, which is brightly lit. I decided to do both the north and south banks of the Thames at this point. It was a tough decision on what kit to use. In the end I decided on the GFX50R and the 63/2.8. I figured that I would have to use a tripod anyway which meant the size/weight of the camera was irrelevant and that I'd use the enormous cropping power of the sensor plus the natural focal length to get what I wanted. (The alternative for the X-H1, 18-55, or 55-200). Here are the results.

South Bank from the Festival Hall to the London Eye - 5-shot HDR iso200 f10 1-5secs

Festival Hall with Thames Clipper - a tricky shot, I needed speed to stop the boat but of course that came as the expense of higher iso. iso 8000 f2.8 1/150, cleaned up in Topaz DeNoise AI and I think in the final processing I will blur the river a tad as it looks a bit 'crunchy'. Still impressive, imho.

The 63mm is (obviously) a bit tight but I still managed to just get the full wheel of the London Eye into the frame. iso1600 f14 4secs. Not sure why I shot at f14 as I could have given up a couple of stops, lowered the iso or upped the speed.

Probably my favourite shot. Handheld, iso6400 f2.8 1/180.

Finally, what I was actually out to photograph, the rear of Charing Cross station, lit up at night. Again, a difficult shot as I wanted to freeze the boat on the Thames. iso8000 f2.8 1/150 - processed in both Topaz Denoise AI and Topaz Sharpen AI. I think it will be ok for reproduction at up to half a page in the book.

Elderly

I figured that I would have to use a tripod anyway .......
That's lovely Louis !

How did you get on using a tripod for some of your shots on the South Bank? I've heard many tales of officious officials
not taking too kindly to their use.

Knorp

Yikes! Who really needs 400 MP?
Dunno - not me, it’s more than my rig can shift. Storage could become an issue too.
But I guess you’ll use it only on special occasions or maybe once in while just for the heck of it :grin:

biglouis

That's lovely Louis !

How did you get on using a tripod for some of your shots on the South Bank? I've heard many tales of officious officials
not taking too kindly to their use.
At one point I was actually photographing from a closed external staircase right in the middle of the Festival Hall complex with the tripod. I expected someone to come and move me on at any minute but surprisingly no one turned up. Likewise in Jubilee Gardens (the London Eye shot). I think it was just too cold and all the security staff were bundled up in the warm!

Interesting but way over the top for my needs.

<sigh> Each time I use the 50R I fall in love a bit more. Do I need help?

LouisB

Pelorus

I'm with you Louis, I don't think you need help. I think this is, in many ways, a revelatory camera. It feels good in the hand, the lenses are wonderful and the results are magical...

[snip].

LouisB

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Interesting but way over the top for my needs.

LouisB
No, it's a worthy system. :thumbup:

As for 400MP, I'd MUCH prefer frame averaging. Pixel shift is only useful for REALLY static subjects. For product photography, it's great. I wouldn't think it would be great on landscapes - maybe deserts.

We'll see.

Matt

PeterA

Some colour from GFX100- good thing I made some of these as we had storms yesterday as in big storms and 2/3rds of the beach was washed away....

all with Voigtlander 50/1.2 - now returned ..

and a colour version of a previous post

Don Libby

I almost missed last nights redskies and had to shoot this handheld. GFX100, Laowa 17mm GFX with a 95mm thin Singh Ray LB Color Entensifier filter using a 86 to 95 step up ring.