The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Strongly back-lit fountain. X-H1, 55-200 @ 200 f/8. Heavily cropped, at that.

Processed in C1, but don't tell anyone! :grin:

Matt

scho

A few shots with the GFX 50R and Fujinon 50 taken on a walk along Cascadilla Creek in downtown Ithaca, NY.

The gathering place for a group of mallard ducks that are fed by the friendly human neighbors. Most were sunbathing on the south facing wall.

Further downstream there was a buildup of slushy anchor ice that can cause flooding when the temperature drops again.

One of the footbridge crossings with astronomical symbol portholes.

This an "artsy" neighborhood so never know what will be on display.

A lonely Canadian lives here.

MGrayson

Yes, this is a snapshot in my living room. I was testing out the hand-grip that came with the X-H1 (it was the only way I could buy the discontinued camera online, and I usually end up getting hand-grips, so...). In the end, it's just too heavy. The handling is better, but it adds almost a pound.

ANYWAY, I liked two things about this shot. The converging lines continuing in the mirror, and the glow from the sunlit windowsill. We're alway told "don't blow out the highlights!" These highlights are VERY blown, but this really gives the feeling of the bright sun falling on a small part of a room.

Best,

Matt

MGrayson

Will,

Since you asked...

Soup, our gigantic cat, was brought into the family by my eldest daughter. (Her friend had three cats in a small apartment, so the largest one had to go.) She is away from home now and needs several pictures of him each week. Fortunately for this forum, most of these are taken with iPhones. But for here, I used the X-H1 and 10-24 for this unusual PoV (and subtle Selfie). He is not amused!

To appreciate the distortion from a 10mm APS-C "portrait", here's a 35mm APS-C photo (taken with a non-Fuji - sorry)

Unapologetically,

Matt

MGrayson

OK! Real pictures. I was having lunch with some photographers. They were busy brainstorming and ignoring me, so I tried out my fancy new Fujicron 50. The third shows that it's dangerous to make faces at someone with a camera :grin:

Best,

Matt

Pelorus

I reckon they are two crackers - the 50 and 35 Fujicrons. Little jewels of lenses...as demonstrated by Pete and Matt's photos.

MGrayson

I love Magritte's "The Empire of Light" - a daylight sky with a nighttime foreground. I'm drawn to those moments when the light cooperates to give that impression. I added some drama to the sky, but this is a full color picture. No desaturation.

X-H1, 10-24 @10mm (a lot of keystone correction) f/5.6 ISO 640 1/15s

Matt

Don Libby

Finally got a decent day to travel south and test the Laowa 17mm on the GFX100. I had orginally thought to shoot in color however I also wanted to test a black and white function I found and ended up shoot that way the entire day.

These where shoot on tripod, black and white and processed in C1.

Mission Pots

f/8 1/200 ISO 200.

Tumacaori. When view you get to see as you enter the courtyard leading to the mission.

f/4 1/200 ISO 320

Non of these have been cropped.

PeterA

45/2.8 and she who must be obeyed.

We were walking around some parts of the inner Harbour - near where I grew up...