The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

Don Libby

One more from the testing of the Loawa 17mm and GFX 100.

Not only was I testing the lens I was testing a custom black and white setting on the GFX100. Shot at f/8 1/160 ISO 50 processed in C1

I'll be keeping this lens :ROTFL:

PeterA

I've decided I might try my hand at some stitched panoramas - the files get to be a tad large

Last edited:

biglouis

This is a sort-of 'fun with' post. I needed to do some close up shots of a Monopoly board and per usual I started out with the X-T3 and the superb XF80/2.8 macro.

This is the result of focus stacking 25 captures using the X-T3/XF80.

I personally think the XF80 is the best macro lens I have ever owned (and I've had a lot of them over the years). I am 100% confident in using it for product, object and even portrait work.

But then I had a thought.

Hmmm. I wonder what it would look like using the GFX50R and the Laowa 17mm UWA. It focuses down to a ridiculously close distance (18cms) and that includes the 15cms between the front element and the sensor!

This is 20 captures, cropped to 6x7 (about 80% of the frame).

I know which one I think I am going to use! I can't wait for the summer and bugs and bees on plants. If I can conquer the manual focus I think I will get some wild macro shots.

BTW, this is what the set up looked like and you can see how close I am to the board. Not all the lighting I used is turned on in the photograph.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
This is a sort-of 'fun with' post. I needed to do some close up shots of a Monopoly board and per usual I started out with the X-T3 and the superb XF80/2.8 macro.

This is the result of focus stacking 25 captures using the X-T3/XF80.

I personally think the XF80 is the best macro lens I have ever owned (and I've had a lot of them over the years). I am 100% confident in using it for product, object and even portrait work.

But then I had a thought.

Hmmm. I wonder what it would look like using the GFX50R and the Laowa 17mm UWA. It focuses down to a ridiculously close distance (18cms) and that includes the 15cms between the front element and the sensor!

This is 20 captures, cropped to 6x7 (about 80% of the frame).

I know which one I think I am going to use! I can't wait for the summer and bugs and bees on plants. If I can conquer the manual focus I think I will get some wild macro shots.

BTW, this is what the set up looked like and you can see how close I am to the board. Not all the lighting I used is turned on in the photograph.

Fun with, AND behind the scenes! :thumbs:

Matt

scho

The rainbow trout were on their annual spring spawning run in Fall Creek, but they were not buying whatever these anglers were offering. Fuji 50R with 50/3.5

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Brownstone Stairs
X-H1 and 10-24 @24mm. Sometimes I think even this is too much resolution.

Matt

Pelorus

OK so this is the obligatory cat photo...whippets are after all the cats of the dog world :D

One of our local camera chains is showing every sign of turning up its toes and had a very compelling deal on the 90 Fujicron. It's a big lump.

Low light, high ISO. This bloke was eating his carrot which is his dessert and he's inordinately fond of carrots.