The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

biglouis

MY SHOVEL
When we moved into our current house 17 years ago, built in the 1820s, I discovered two things left behind by the former owner in the cellar. One was about half a ton of coal and the other this shovel. I was a mere stripling of 48 back then and I spent several days shovelling and bagging the coal before taking it to the local recycling centre for disposal. I kept the shovel and it is my favourite tool. Made in a time when much effort went into the wooden handle and grip and the metalwork of the blade.
Now, I like my cordless, lithium battery powered Makita drills and my cordless Dremel, and even my two matched chrome vanadium adjustable spanners but none of these have a soul like my shovel.

Fujfilm GFX50R+Laowa 17mm iso160, f16 1/2 secs

biglouis

For all you motorcycle lovers. 1950s Sunbeam S7/S8. GFX50R+45/2.8.

And as a treat, I've linked it to the full sized jpeg, in case you want to ogle the bike in more detail (18mb download).

iso50, f2.8, 1/500