The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone tried Mamiya lenses on a GFX with adapter?

algrove

I see Fotodiox offers adapters for many lenses, but I am most interested in learning if someone has tried adapting a Mamiya 645 lens on their GFX. Thanks.

Last edited:

Knorp

You'll probably be the first one here, Lou.
I've only tried and used Sigma FE-mount and Leica R-mount lenses with Kipon adapters.

Krgds.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I pretty much use all the native lenses now that the 250mm and TC are available but I've had good success with the 80/1.9, 200/2.8 APO and 500/5.6 M645 on the GFX. The focus peaking works well and really helps with nailing focus.

algrove

I also have that 500/5.6. Were your shots sharp with that lens or did it leave a lot to be desired?

I trust the R 80/1.4 will work OK considering different image circles. If that works out then my APO 180/2.8 and 19/2.8 R lenses will be fun to try also.

Knorp

I trust the R 80/1.4 will work OK considering different image circles. If that works out then my APO 180/2.8 and 19/2.8 R lenses will be fun to try also.
The R80/1.4 is doing fine as is the R100/2.8 Macro.

Paul2660

The 200 F 2.8 APO works very well with the Fotodiox adapter, however as Graham points out, with the Fuji 250mm and TC, that combination for me has gone by the wayside. The OIS makes up for the slower max aperture.

I will have my Mamiya 200 F 2.8 APO up soon on the for sale form with the adapter for GFX.

Paul C

algrove

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The 200/2.8 and 500/5.6 need a little extra sharpening in C1 / ACR and also stopping down a stop or so to bring up the acuity. However. they're not going to perform as well as the native Fuji 250mm.

Funnily enough, my 500/5.6 was pretty much brand new too. I guess not many people (i.e. me) liked dragging that bazooka around. I've had mine for decades.

2WK

I was hoping this was going to be about the Mamiya 6, 7 lenses. I wish someone made an adapter that could control the shutters of these lenses. I would sell everything and pick up a GFX if this was the case.

algrove

The 200/2.8 and 500/5.6 need a little extra sharpening in C1 / ACR and also stopping down a stop or so to bring up the acuity. However. they're not going to perform as well as the native Fuji 250mm.

Funnily enough, my 500/5.6 was pretty much brand new too. I guess not many people (i.e. me) liked dragging that bazooka around. I've had mine for decades.
Bazooka is the correct term. It's just fun using it where other photographers can't help asking what it is.