The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the GFX 50R

k-hawinkler

My wife and I went to Cape May for three days last week to celebrate our 60th wedding anniversary (Feb 7). We stayed at our favorite Cape May hotel, Congress Hall. The weather did not cooperate at all. But I was determined to use my new medium format camera anyway (Fuji GFX 50R). My bad hip is getting worse, so I am using a cane, waiting for surgery to get a new hip. That prevents me from going on the beach, so I stayed on the boardwalk and did the best I could under the circumstances.

View attachment 139267
Congratulations to your anniversary. Nice image. :thumbs:

biglouis

In celebration of my recently acquired 50R and 45/2.8 here are a couple of captures for the thread. There is a certain guilty pleasure in using MF as a walkabout camera.

Ivy Roots

St Pancras Lock, Regents Canal, London.

PeterA

So are we going to do the different thread for every different iteration of a Fuji GFX? really?

Pelorus

I'm with you Peter, because the other thing that's happening - not just in this thread is people going "I don't know whether this goes in GFX50r or Fun with Medium Format...so I'll just put the same pic in both". A number of ever-more-finely-defined threads are having the same problem. I'm sick of seeing the same pic 3 times in 3 different threads.

So are we going to do the different thread for every different iteration of a Fuji GFX? really?

pegelli

I don't care where people post their pictures. I usually spot any new photo by regularly checking via the "What's New?" button at the top. Since I like many pictures and don't care much about what equipment they're taken with this works well for me until........ people start posting the same picture in multiple threads. I really don't see any value in that.

AlanS

I decided some time ago only to post my gfx pics in the fun with medium format thread. I don't like diluting the posts or multiple posts either. Just saying :cool:

Knorp

And I decided some time ago only to post my gfx pics in my very own fun thread. You know the one: "Mount Fuji Active".
But alas, apparently the thread name is not to everyone's taste ... stelletje zuurpruimen (yep, try google that).

:chug:

PeterA

I like the idea of one 'Fun With" images thread in Fuji forum for GFX and one thread for X series cameras - (in fact AFIC post any photos from any Fuji cameras in one thread...)
However I've noticed a lot more GFXFUji users now and many post their photos in MF Fun with Forum....
I shoot more Fuji X series than Leica these days - [despite still having Leica SL and Cl system(s)] but surely one common thread for all X series is enough for a fun with?

Someone solve the dilemma for us all - please.:cry:

PeterA

And I decided some time ago only to post my gfx pics in my very own fun thread. You know the one: "Mount Fuji Active".
But alas, apparently the thread name is not to everyone's taste ... stelletje zuurpruimen (yep, try google that).

I thought it was a good name for a thread! :chug:

Pelorus

It's like children Bart...any name's a good name :D