The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the GFX 50R

Pelorus

I like the idea of Mount Fuji Active for the big Fuji cameras and the Fun with X Series for the little Fuji cameras.

I like the idea of one 'Fun With" images thread in Fuji forum for GFX and one thread for X series cameras - (in fact AFIC post any photos from any Fuji cameras in one thread...)
However I've noticed a lot more GFXFUji users now and many post their photos in MF Fun with Forum....
I shoot more Fuji X series than Leica these days - [despite still having Leica SL and Cl system(s)] but surely one common thread for all X series is enough for a fun with?

Someone solve the dilemma for us all - please.:cry:

Knorp

Don't get me wrong, I can and do appreciate someone posting his GFX files in the "Fun with MF images" thread.
That seems perfectly fine to me: all sorts and sizes and brands MF gear together in one single thread (hint, hint).
So why can't we have just one single thread for all of our Fuji gear ?
Of course if there's something new I can understand the excitement and the justification for a temporarily 'hot' thread.

And then really, all those "Fun with" threads :wtf: ... where's the creativity in that, hey ?!

Just my two guilders ... :sleep:

AlanS

I have been banging the drum for using a single Fun with Fuji thread for years but it always got diluted by single model threads, so I gave up. There are not enough posters to support that approach. The Fun with medium format thread works so well because there are so many active users.

biglouis

This is far too serious a discussion. Here is a photograph in praise of 50R.

A 'decisive moment' on the Regents Canal yesterday with my just acquired GF 63/2.8. Even if you don't like the composition you can click through to the full sized jpeg to see the awesome detail and sharpness from the sensor and lens (converted from RAW and run through NIK Dfine for a little noise reduction, beware 29Mbytes!).

If you want to tease yourself and reveal the amazing detail look for the newspaper, the telephone sign, the chair with two cushions and the number '11'. There is no prize for finding them!

scho

I like the idea of Mount Fuji Active for the big Fuji cameras and the Fun with X Series for the little Fuji cameras.
I would second that option. The GXR and smaller xtrans apsc sensor cams are different enough in sensor characteristics beyond just physical size to justify two separate threads for image posting. I think that Bart was thinking one thread for everything Fuji, but that would require people who are primarily interested in certain cameras to do a lot of searching/sorting to get what they are looking for. Fun with Fuji X and MT Fuji are fine as long as it is made clear what the thread contents are. Titles are not a major issue. I also think that there are too many divergent interests (brands in particular) in the Fun with MF thread which already has one companion thread just for tech cams.

gurtch

I bet both of these would print up really nicely!

Joel[/QUO
Thanks....yes, I use an Epson 7890 printer, and make 24" X 32" prints which show incredible detail from the GFX 50R files. Thanks for your input.
Dave in NJ

:facesmack:and make

gurtch

Yesterday here on Long Beach Island, NJ it was the lousiest weather I have seen here in a long time. From the minute we woke up, the fog was so thick you could only see a short distance, and on top of that it was raining. We had a lunch date with friends in land about 40 miles south. Close by from where we had lunch we decided to visit one of my favorite spots in the lousy weather, as I thought there might be picture possibilities. GFX 50 R, 32-64 lens, ISO 800, f11, monopod to steady the camera. Thanks for looking. We also ran across an old church with grave stones in the fog. That will be my next processing project.
Dave in NJ
D797 framed.jpg

Last edited:

gurtch

Well, at age 83, I guess I am "the elderly", and we are being advised to stay home. The attached image from a GFX 50R was made from our deck overlooking the bay. We are on a barrier island in southern NJ. Since I have time on my hands, I combined two images made from our deck, the foreground with a 100-200 mm lens at 200mm f11 ISO 400, and sky with a 32-64mm lens at 64mm f8.
If the weather cooperates I will get out and walk the beach for images (rather deserted this time of year). Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ
D802 framed.jpg

gurtch

At our age, we have taken the virus recommendations very seriously, but you really get cabin fever. We have taken to getting in our car and going to outdoor spots that are deserted. We started out going to Viking Village. We saw only one person at the normally busy seaport. All boats were in port. I made photos of course. We then went to the Barnegat Light beach. I think the distance from the street end to the ocean must be a half mile at least. Enormous dunes. Again, empty and I made more photos---will show them after I have processed them. Later that week we went to the mainland and the two Dock Roads, and Seven Bridges Road. Again....deserted and more photos which I have not processed yet. Will post when finished. These shots may not be "portfolio Grade", but they keep an 83 year old busy!
Fugi GFX 50R 32-64mm lens at 42mm f11 ISO 400.
Dave in NJ

D803 framed.jpg

Last edited:

gurtch

In keeping with the orders to stay isolated (we are 80 and 83 years of age---"the elderly"), we have been going to deserted places to photograph. We went to the mainland to both Dock Rds and 7 Bridges Rd. Here are two images. Both made with a Fuji GFX 50R, 32-64mm lens. Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ
www.modernpictorials.com
D805 framed.jpg

D806 framed.jpg