The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the GFX 50R

gurtch

Another recent shot on our deserted beach. Doing my thing with abstract fences and shadows.... a holdover from my Black and White film days. GFX 50R with 32-64mm lens at 64mm f16 ISO 400. Converted to B&W with Silver Efex Pro, slight blue toner to attempt the look of Kodak Gold (blue) toner of my youth.
Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ
www.modernpictorials.com
D808 framed.jpg

gurtch

Since we are staying home, I did not have to go far for this sunset, taken from our deck several nights ago. GFX 50R, 32-64mm at 46mm f8 ISO 400. Normally I would use several shots HDR, but I did not have my tripod handy (in my car trunk). Instead, I had to separate the sky, water and foreground, put them on their own layers, and use adjustment layers separately on each. Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ
www.modernpictorials.com

D809 framed.jpg

gurtch

First, let me apologize to you folks that are purists out there, and would consider the below image cheating. It is a composite. Being 83 years old and in lockdown has given me time to play around with old images using new tools. My goal has always been to make pleasing images regardless of method. My history goes back to film-Camera Clubs-PSA Salons-paper negatives- double printing-montages- derivations-posterizations-etc. Not sure where to post this: foreground, including the sun and star marks made in Feb 2010 with a Sony A900, 28mm Sony f2.8 lens at f11, ISO 200. Sky made several nights ago with GFX 50R 32-64mm lens at 44mm, f7 ISO 400.
Again, my apologies in advance if I have offended anyone....it's just my way of having fun and keeping my old brain active. Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ
www.modernpictorials.com

D815 frramed.jpg

gurtch

Another from the series of my wife and I going to deserted places to photograph. Several previous images I posted of this spot when the garvey was out clamming. This time the garvey was in. GFX 50R, 100-200mm Fuji lens at 150mm, f13 for added depth of field, ISO 400. The lens stabilization is wonderful, as I hand held this shot. Thanks for looking.
Dave in NJ

www.modernpictorials.com
D816 framed.jpg

gurtch

My wife and I are still going to deserted places to photograph. GFX 50R, 32-64mm lens at 32mm, f14, ISO 800 hand held.
Dave in NJ
D821 framed.jpg

gurtch

Another "Field Trip", this time to Viking Village. I really love that place, a real throw back. I suspect the boats and gear looked very similar 75 or more years ago. We only saw one person there. Restaurants being closed has really hurt the fishing industry. It looked like just about all the boats were in port. I shot about 120 images. So far I have only developed these six, but several others show promise. Enjoy the images and please stay safe.
Dave in NJ
www.modernpictorials.com
D823 framed.jpgD824 framed.jpgD826 framed.jpgD827 framed.jpgD828 framed.jpgD829 framed.jpg

gurtch

We had no measurable snow fall this year. With plenty of time on our hands, I am re-visiting some old files I never developed. Here is one from January 2019. GFX 50R, 32-64mm lens at 43mm. f14, 1/450 sec, ISO 400. Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ
www.modernpictorials.com

D831 framed.jpg

gurtch

Too much time on my hands...I played around with a recent image to suggest a painting. For those that don't know, before I got my B.S. and M.S. Engineering Degrees from Drexel, I had out of high school a full tuition and fees scholarship to The Tyler School of Fine Arts at Temple University. I did not finish. I actually studied under Dean Boris Bly (sculpture)
Dave in Nj
www.modernpictorials.com
D835 framed.jpg

gurtch

Spent all day editing and finishing three images I had stashed away from our car trips to out of the way places. Here is the third image. It is a bit "busy", but I like it anyway as it gives me the feeling of being there. GFX 50R 32-64mm lens, ISO 400 f13.
Dave in NJ
Spent all day editing and finishing three images I had stashed away from our car trips to out of the way places. Here is the third image. It is a bit "busy", but I like it anyway as it gives me the feeling of being there. GFX 50R 32-64mm lens, ISO 400 f13.
Dave in NJ
D836 framed.jpg

biglouis

Primrose Hill, London - today. I like the way the viewpoint creates a stage on which people interact with the scenery. I couldn't decide which photograph I liked best so, here are both.
GFX50R+50/3.5
Primrose Hill is one of the 'protected views' of St Paul's Cathedral that surround London. Construction is prohibited for any building that would interfere with the view of the dome. You can see it left of centre.