The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Settings on 50R for various types of shooting/lenses

algrove

Focused on near rock just in front of puddled water in post #21.While the OOC is excessive in magenta I decided to leave it.

This one taken with 120. First 120 shot.

Last edited:

mota25

Can't imagine shooting the 110 handheld at any speed under 1/500..... That lens, for me, is tripod only.
I only had 110mm f2 for more than a yr before getting 45mm f2.8 recently. I have shaky hands but I have no problems shooting my 110mm f2 at 1/125. My main subjects are portraits outside using strobes. I was surprised how sharp I can get hand held with GFX50s compared to my old Canon 5dmk3/85L where I had to use 1/200 or 1/250 in similar situations.

Unless I missed a menu setting, with my XT2 I can only vary aperture in 1/3 stop increments, i.e. not in 1/2 stop increments. Is that the same with the GFX50X/R or are you given an option?

Knorp

Unless I missed a menu setting, with my XT2 I can only vary aperture in 1/3 stop increments, i.e. not in 1/2 stop increments. Is that the same with the GFX50X/R or are you given an option?
There is no option, Frank. It's fixed to 1/3 steps.