The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GFX 50R -- setting up Viewfinder questions

gurtch

Sorry for multiple posts...all with my real or imagined problems. If I figure this thing out I hope to post actual pictures! I used the camera yesterday for a long stretch outdoors. The viewfinder has so much "information", it clutters up my view, and composing is difficult. There is a very bothersome scale on the left, laid out vertically to show plus/minus exposure compensation. Then, I think there is ISO, f stop selected, shutter speed, battery life, shutter type being used (elec/mech), type of metering and focus pattern, a graph of dynamic range (expose to the right) and other stuff I can't think of here. All the info IS interesting and important, but I would like to set up the camera with a blank finder showing only the focus point box, and the "rule of thirds" grid (I find this very useful). Then, ideally, with the push of a custom button, all that stuff would come back. Another push and it dissapears. I am sure it is possible....I will be 82 in Feb, and do not have the patience any more for instruction books with hundreds of pages, and no Index!
Happy New Year
TIA
Dave in NJ