The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji’s made in China?

glennedens

Vortex are you talking about the Hasselblad XCD lenses for the X1D? If so those are made in Japan by Nittoh. All of the XCD lenses I've seen say Made in Japan (including the latest 80mm). The Nittoh factory is amazing if one ever gets the chance (rare) for a tour.

Glenn

The newer XC Lenses are made in China too, only the body is still made in Sweden! How long, lets wait and see.:loco:

jdphoto

Cultural and political differences aside, the Chinese are certainly becoming a skilled workforce, but I prefer a Japanese camera company use their own skilled workforce. The resale value on certain Japanese products tends to be better too.

vortex

Vortex are you talking about the Hasselblad XCD lenses for the X1D? If so those are made in Japan by Nittoh. All of the XCD lenses I've seen say Made in Japan (including the latest 80mm). The Nittoh factory is amazing if one ever gets the chance (rare) for a tour.

Glenn
Hi Glenn,

Please listen carefully at min 7:31 at this video from Steve Huff presenting the new 80 mm f1,9 from Hasselblad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=451&v=oZCZAb53-Pc

DJI bought the complete production-line for the XCD lenses from Nittoh last year and they are made in China now.
Best.

r.

V

Vivek

What would you do about the EN-EL15a?

Cultural and political differences aside, the Chinese are certainly becoming a skilled workforce, but I prefer a Japanese camera company use their own skilled workforce. The resale value on certain Japanese products tends to be better too.