The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GFX 50R film emulations?

gurtch

The camera has settings to emulate film, for example Velvia film. I would like to try these, but I shoot RAW. When the RAW images are "developed", don't the emulations go away? Do I have to shoot JPGS? I do have software programs, such as Exposure, that attempt to emulate film, but having the camera do it by the same maker as the film seems interesting to me. Thanks
Dave

Shashin

Dave, Capture One Express for Fujifilm (free) allows you to apply the film profiles to your RAW images. In the color tab, under basic characteristics, you can set your ICC Profile to your camera, then under curve just below it, you can set the film emulation. The free version of Capture One does not have all the bells and whistles, but you can at least do that much and export the file to your preferred editor.

But you could look in your current RAW processor and see if the profiles are there too. All I have is Capture One Express and Iridient Developer.

A link to Capture One Express Fujifilm: https://www.phaseone.com/en/Capture...MIgYSPzpCm4AIV27rACh3GjAE3EAAYASAAEgLB2PD_BwE

PeterA

The camera has settings to emulate film, for example Velvia film. I would like to try these, but I shoot RAW. When the RAW images are "developed", don't the emulations go away? Do I have to shoot JPGS? I do have software programs, such as Exposure, that attempt to emulate film, but having the camera do it by the same maker as the film seems interesting to me. Thanks
Dave
You should also 'see' the applied 'film styles' in a Jpeg as well as any change in aspect ratio you choose through the viewfinder as you shoot. I was surpised at just how good Jpegs out of the GFX are - in many cases no PP required.

gurtch

Thanks both. I do have the free Capture 1 Express for Fuji. but have avoided using it---I keep losing files as they somehow end up where I did not put them. Will try again.
Dave

AlanS

Lightroom has the styles as well (6.14 does for the 50s) CC should have them for your R.