Site Sponsors

Thread: GFX 50R film emulations?

Post Thanks / Like

GFX 50R film emulations?

The camera has settings to emulate film, for example Velvia film. I would like to try these, but I shoot RAW. When the RAW images are "developed", don't the emulations go away? Do I have to shoot JPGS? I do have software programs, such as Exposure, that attempt to emulate film, but having the camera do it by the same maker as the film seems interesting to me. Thanks
    Dave

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: GFX 50R film emulations?

Dave, Capture One Express for Fujifilm (free) allows you to apply the film profiles to your RAW images. In the color tab, under basic characteristics, you can set your ICC Profile to your camera, then under curve just below it, you can set the film emulation. The free version of Capture One does not have all the bells and whistles, but you can at least do that much and export the file to your preferred editor.

But you could look in your current RAW processor and see if the profiles are there too. All I have is Capture One Express and Iridient Developer.

A link to Capture One Express Fujifilm: https://www.phaseone.com/en/Capture-...SAAEgLB2PD_BwE
    Will

http://www.hakusancreation.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gurtch View Post
    The camera has settings to emulate film, for example Velvia film. I would like to try these, but I shoot RAW. When the RAW images are "developed", don't the emulations go away? Do I have to shoot JPGS? I do have software programs, such as Exposure, that attempt to emulate film, but having the camera do it by the same maker as the film seems interesting to me. Thanks
    Dave
    You should also 'see' the applied 'film styles' in a Jpeg as well as any change in aspect ratio you choose through the viewfinder as you shoot. I was surpised at just how good Jpegs out of the GFX are - in many cases no PP required.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks both. I do have the free Capture 1 Express for Fuji. but have avoided using it---I keep losing files as they somehow end up where I did not put them. Will try again.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Lightroom has the styles as well (6.14 does for the 50s) CC should have them for your R.