The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best GF lens at 120mm? And most versatile at short tele range?

algrove

Ok so I assume the 120/4 macro is the best. And I assume the 100/200 is the most versatile between the two.

But with one lens to choose from due to limited space which is the best of the two to put in the camera bag?

Don Libby

I have the 120 and have an order in for the 100-200. I also have a trip coming up and plan on taking the 100-200. The 100-200 accepts the 1.4 extender and I'm also told that it will take the 18 and 45 extension tubes.

algrove

Just received the 100-200 today. I had planned on taking my 120 until now, but for this trip flexibility reigns so it will be the 100-200, as yet unused in the wild. Yikes!

That is unless I repack again. Yikes!

Had some older well padded lens cases laying about. Put the 100-200, 32-64 and 23 in cases and then all 3 in my new Matador 24 backpack and it felt as though I had nothing on my back. Maiden voyage for the backpack too. Yikes!

Leaving behind all the rest of the GF lenses except for the 1.4x to try on the new 100-200.

algrove

Gonna have to look into that Matador 24L backpack. Looks nice but how do you divide everything up?
You can just put lenses in small protective cases or use a divider insert which depends on gear size of course
A small ICU vertically can also fit

FWIW the 16 Freely also looks like a good one for light MF use or Leica M or XT-3 kit. It has a top zipper whereas the 24 has a roll top making it waterproof and the rolling also helps reduce overall foot print.

Last edited: