The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NP-W126S Replacement

PedroL

I was told by a customer about less pricey batteries than 126S, but same quality. Anyone has any experience with replacement?
Thank you for your thoughts.

JaapD

Do you just like me have a bunch of NP-W126 batteries lying around? And you have moved to an X-H1 or X-T3 camera requiring NP-W126S batteries? Of course you could still use your NP-W126 batteries but then you’ll get each time a disturbing message that you should use NP-W126S batteries, right?

This is what you could do: Put a tiny piece of insulation tape over the battery’s ‘S’ contact. That’s it, no more disturbing warning messages!

Of course you’re not actually changing anything on the battery itself, you’re fooling the camera’s detection circuit. I’ve tested it and it works perfectly. Nevertheless you should do it at your own risk.

Regards,
Jaap.