The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need medium format rolling case

gurtch

I also posted this over on the medium format board:

Hello all: I use a small and light Sony A7R II with lenses and this is no problem to carry it in a light bag over my shoulder. Because of open heart surgery and recent hip replacement, I sold my Pentax 645D equipment, as it was just too heavy for me. I now have a Fuji GFX 50R and 23mm lens and 32-64mm lens. I will be adding the Fuji 100-200 f5.6 lens, or may be carrying my Pentax manual focus 120mm Macro 645 lens. Even though the GFX 50 R is exactly half the weight of the Pentax 645, the lenses are heavy and I am looking for a rolling case so I can take the case out of the car and roll it to the site I will be photographing---I do seascapes mostly. I have had no luck finding a case. I do have an older Pelikan wheeled bag that is too big---it is about 18"x15"x8", and is wasted space and weight I do not need. Any suggestions? Most photographers need MORE space----I need less. TIA
Dave in NJ

gurtch

Dave, I am wondering if you need a rolling bag or a two-wheel dolly/hand cart you can strap your bag to? The wheels would be bigger than a rolling bag, which is probably better for the terrain you want to cross.

Perhaps something like this that is foldable: https://www.uline.com/Product/Detai...VLbazCh0gVAALEAkYCCABEgIwDPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I hope you are recovering.
A GREAT thought Will! (I had not thought of that). Long before rolling bags, we had a foldable two wheeled light weight dolly, that unfolded, then you bungy corded your bag to it.
\I will certainly run with your tip.
Dave

bab

A GREAT thought Will! (I had not thought of that). Long before rolling bags, we had a foldable two wheeled light weight dolly, that unfolded, then you bungy corded your bag to it.
\I will certainly run with your tip.
Dave
Nor sure budget wise but it’s easily accessible for medium format gear oh I also like the color because you know it’s yours without putting one of those silly ribbons on it. Also a few of my family members have used it to tote around very fragile items with success.

https://www.amazon.com/American-Plastic-Toy-Go-Stroller/dp/B000II2J9Y