The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Mirrorless Endgame ...

Probably not... those are software sales they wouldn’t otherwise have.
There are just so many Phase One users and the growth in new users has to be small. I suspect a lot of their sales of new backs is upgrades. If they wanted to grow software sales, they had to open up Capture One to Fuji. And they probably got some money from Fuji for doing so. I don't think closing out Hasselblad gains them much either.

Last edited:

iiiNelson

There are just so many Phase One users and the growth in new users has to be small. I suspect a lot of their sales of new backs is upgrades. If they wanted to grow software sales, they had to open up Capture One to Fuji. And they probably go some money from Fuji for doing so. I don't think closing out Hasselblad gains them much either.
True but the bigger gain is fully supporting Fuji to include the film simulations... Adobe isn’t doing themselves any favors either with attempting a switcheroo.

I believe the reality is that Phase One users typically only cross shop with Hasselblad H in medium format but may buy into a Mirrorless MF as a backup. Fuji is probably undercutting Leica, Hasselblad X, Pentax, entry level cropped sensor Phase One Cameras, and people that are otherwise interested in high megapixel 35mm system with larger budgets.

PeterA

Thanks for the link guys - will be interesting to see and read reports on the camera -I'm particularly keen to get an idea how well the IBIS works.

tcdeveau

I'm excited about it and looking forward to see how it pans out :watch::watch:

Not sure I'll ever pick one up or not, but Fuji definitely has my attention. I've been looking forward to 100mp digital medium format at cheaper-than-P1 prices for a long time now, and they have a variety of lenses well suited to my needs with some pretty aggressive price discounts.

iiiNelson

Looks pretty impressive. It would be interesting if they could find a way to eventually bring 4K60 through firmware... actually that would put it even more in unprecedented territory if it could.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
The GFX100 is a very impressive camera and such a huge achievement for photography and videography made possible by Fujifilm.

A really great and innovative company. Who would have believed that 10 years ago?

I probably will never own such a camera but I applaud Fujifilm for that achievement :thumbs::clap::clap::thumbs:

PeterA

Well I am switching to a an R and one of these as my combo - maybe I will keep the Xt-3 for happy snaps...
my Leica stuff is starting to feel really unloved - for good reason.

Thorkil

but then the really important question (to deadly people, like me) will be, when will the minor used GFX50S & R's drop to under half price, then...:toocool:
but then the lenses will stay attracted at high level :cry:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Impressive machine, but I'm very happy that I don't need one. And while the X-T3, the X-H1 and the X-Pro2 are really beautiful cameras, this one looks like somthing designed during the Soviet Union brutalist era. The welders at our workshop would have made something like this.

Oh well... for now, it's the bst camera ever, no doubt about that. It's a Fuji :thumbup: