The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUJIFILM GFX 50S, 50R, 100, etc. ... Peculiarities

k-hawinkler

Which lens do you have attached? :facesmack:
Only one SD card in camera? :facesmack:

Do you have a 50S or 50R to use for the firmware update?

narikin

Which lens do you have attached? :facesmack:
Only one SD card in camera? :facesmack:

Do you have a 50S or 50R to use for the firmware update?
The 110mm f2.
Just the one card in slot 1. ( I tried slot 2 made no difference)

No other body, just the 100.

k-hawinkler

The 110mm f2.
Just the one card in slot 1. ( I tried slot 2 made no difference)

No other body, just the 100.
Thanks. Can you expose an image, see it on the LCD, reformat the sd card in camera, switch camera off, then on while holding down the other button required to check firmware versions?

If that should work, next step would be to copy the corresponding firmware update file to the root of the sd card.

Good luck.

Peegeenyc

Got it.
My fault entirely, was pressing the wrong button - the one below the 'Disp/Back' lettering not the one below. (the lettering is in between the two)
Duh. Oh well.
Thanks for your help.

k-hawinkler

Got it.
My fault entirely, was pressing the wrong button - the one below the 'Disp/Back' lettering not the one below. (the lettering is in between the two)
Duh. Oh well.
Thanks for your help.
Oh thanks. Wishing Good Luck seems to help.
I am glad it's nothing serious. :thumbup:

k-hawinkler

I updated my GFX lenses today in this order:

GFUP0002.DAT GF32-64mmF4 R LM WR Firmware Update Ver.1.10
GFUP0003.DAT GF120mmF4 R LM OIS WR Macro Firmware Update Ver.1.10
GFUP0004.DAT GF110mmF2 R LM WR Firmware Update Ver.1.10
GFUP0005.DAT GF23mmF4 R LM WR Firmware Update Ver.1.10
GFUP0006.DAT GF45mmF2.8 R WR Firmware Update Ver.1.10
GFUP0007.DAT GF250mmF4 R LM OIS WR Firmware Update Ver.1.10

Everything now seems to be working just fine.
However there was temporarily a nasty surprise! :shocked:

After completing updating the GF250 I tried taking some pictures. Surprise, surprise, ... I could hear pretty loud the lens focussing and image stabilizing activity. Focusing seemed occasionally pretty sketchy. I switched my 50S camera off and on. Sometimes it worked fine, then again it did not. I finally concluded that the camera/lens system did not behave according to the latest firmware version 1.10.

I then turned OIS on the lens off, took a few shots, switched it back on, took more shots, turned the 50S off and took the lens off.

After reattaching the lens the issue seems resolved. All my lenses are now working just fine, including the two with OIS on. :thumbs:

I believe switching OIS off and on did the trick. YMMV. :grin:

Knorp

I updated my GFX lenses today in this order:

GFUP0002.DAT GF32-64mmF4 R LM WR Firmware Update Ver.1.10
GFUP0003.DAT GF120mmF4 R LM OIS WR Macro Firmware Update Ver.1.10
GFUP0004.DAT GF110mmF2 R LM WR Firmware Update Ver.1.10
GFUP0005.DAT GF23mmF4 R LM WR Firmware Update Ver.1.10
GFUP0006.DAT GF45mmF2.8 R WR Firmware Update Ver.1.10
GFUP0007.DAT GF250mmF4 R LM OIS WR Firmware Update Ver.1.10

Everything now seems to be working just fine.
However there was temporarily a nasty surprise! :shocked:

After completing updating the GF250 I tried taking some pictures. Surprise, surprise, ... I could hear pretty loud the lens focussing and image stabilizing activity. Focusing seemed occasionally pretty sketchy. I switched my 50S camera off and on. Sometimes it worked fine, then again it did not. I finally concluded that the camera/lens system did not behave according to the latest firmware version 1.10.

I then turned OIS on the lens off, took a few shots, switched it back on, took more shots, turned the 50S off and took the lens off.

After reattaching the lens the issue seems resolved. All my lenses are now working just fine, including the two with OIS on. :thumbs:

I believe switching OIS off and on did the trick. YMMV. :grin:
That's a scary experience, K-H.
Glad I didn't try updating my GF250 ... :shocked:
Are there more reports like this that you know of ?

TIA

PS So far I only updated my GF23. Update: and a few minutes ago my GF32-64.

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

That's a scary experience, K-H.
Glad I didn't try updating my GF250 ... :shocked:
Are there more reports like this that you know of ?

TIA

PS So far I only updated my GF23. Update: and a few minutes ago my GF32-64.
Thanks Bart. Oh well, life goes on. :grin:
I wonder if I could have avoided this experience by first taking the lens off the 50S before reattaching and using it? :facesmack:

Anyway, lots of Apricots this year. All the neighborhood Apricot trees seem to agree. Here is a shot of our tree last evening and this morning. :thumbs:

Shot with 50S • GF350 • FW Ver. 1.10

Rich

Received my GFX 100 on Friday. Have tried 5 different lenses with no problems. Am most impressed with the image stabilizer.

Also impressed by fast and accurate focus.

It's a heavy camera, about like a Canon 1ds. Files are huge, around 200Mb RAW. Compressed RAW about 100 Mb. The firmware does not show it as "lossless" compressed.

Serial # 1138.

Rich

k-hawinkler

Received my GFX 100 on Friday. Have tried 5 different lenses with no problems. Am most impressed with the image stabilizer.

Also impressed by fast and accurate focus.

It's a heavy camera, about like a Canon 1ds. Files are huge, around 200Mb RAW. Compressed RAW about 100 Mb. The firmware does not show it as "lossless" compressed.

Serial # 1138.

Rich
Congratulations Rich.
Many thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
How do get OIS and IBIS along? TIA.

Rich

K-H,

OIS and IBIS seem to like each otherStop300.jpg. It seems to be the best stabilizer that I've used. Have had Canon and Nikon OIS and have the Sony AR7III.

The lenses that I've tried are the GFX 23, 45, 120, 32-64, and 100-200. Don't have the 250. I updated the lens firmware on the GFX 50R before I received the GFX 100. Whether that makes a difference or if the problem reported is related to the GFX 250 would be a guess. Or maybe it was just a bug in that particular lens.

So far haven't tried the camera on a tripod. I'm not an engineer so haven't attempted any scientific testing.

Below is a handheld 100% crop that is about 300 ft. from where I was standing on my front porch. Not sure if I have it right as haven't done this before on this site.

Stop300.jpg

Rich

Knorp

Mmm, I don't know. When viewing at large the image lacks bite. Or to put it differently: it's not sharp.