The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUJIFILM GFX 50S, 50R, 100, etc. ... Peculiarities

k-hawinkler

Did you do the update yet, K-H ?
And what could be these 'slight defects' ?

TIA
Thanks Bart. My GF250 running on FW version 1.11 now. No issues.
I assume slight defects must refer to the brief glitch I encountered initially the last time. No problems now. :thumbup:

JoelM

Slowly ripening Apricots! :LOL: Almost there! :thumbs:

50S • GF45 :grin:
O M G

In San Diego, we can only get apricots for about a month and time is about up. I LOVE them (perhaps unnaturally so) and am very envious of you right now. And try to get Blenheims, forget it. They used to be everywhere, but are impossible for me to find. The apricots are suffering like the bananas have been for years. Most fruit these days, especially apples, taste mealy compared to what I remember just 10 years ago or so. I have saved some apricot seeds and am going to try to grow them.

Enjoy and please feel free to send what you don't want, my way.

Cheers,

Joel

k-hawinkler

O M G

In San Diego, we can only get apricots for about a month and time is about up. I LOVE them (perhaps unnaturally so) and am very envious of you right now. And try to get Blenheims, forget it. They used to be everywhere, but are impossible for me to find. The apricots are suffering like the bananas have been for years. Most fruit these days, especially apples, taste mealy compared to what I remember just 10 years ago or so. I have saved some apricot seeds and am going to try to grow them.

Enjoy and please feel free to send what you don't want, my way.

Cheers,

Joel
Thank you Joel. Well, Bart and others who have followed over the years primarily my Sony and Olympus posts know the funny/sad back story. Here in the mountains of Northern New Mexico are two different kinds of trees, native and non-native.

The native trees know that after some sunny warm period ice and snow will briefly hit in late spring for a day or two once or twice and avoid having their blossoms then. The non-native trees have not figured that out yet and their spring blossoms get regularly wiped out by the ice and snow of a brief cold spell, like this year the Apple and Plum tree blossoms. For the past several years the Apricot tree blossoms got regularly wiped out as well. So invariably in late spring with the fruit trees in full bloom in warm sunny weather it will freeze and snow over night and the blossoms get wiped out. Therefore no fruits for that year.

However, this year by merely a day or two miraculously the Apricot tree blossoms avoided the brief ice and snow break in. Voila, we actually have Apricots this year. So, as a running joke, I have been posting pictures of our Apricot tree. BTW our neighbor got Apricots this year as well as lots of cherries. We tried having a Cherry tree a couple of times. Typically after 5 or 6 years of growing successfully, those trees never recovered from a cold and dry winter. :banghead:

algrove

No, he just dislikes Fuji and Leica that I can tell so far. But Zeiss has him in their pocket so no bad reviews about anything Zeiss.

Forgot to say he sure seems satisfied with any Sony model when comparing menu options to the Fuji.

I remember asking him why he did not cover the XT-2 when I owned one and he said basically it was not mainstream enough for his readers. Yeah, right.

k-hawinkler

Yes, you can make funny faces :p, but let's wait for the first GFX100 owners to post their experiences here.
Actually, I expected Pete's (PeterA) findings here for a long time.
What is he doing ... :rolleyes:

Brgds.
Bart, you are not taking this kind of banter personally, are you?
I sure hope you don't. :thumbup:

Knorp

Can't wait to receive my 50/3.5 for my 50R :grin::thumbs::salute:
It's a super sexy combo for sure. For once it's me who's on the fence :rolleyes:
But I reckon my excellent 32-64/4, albeit a "little bulky", will cover most primes just fine.
Actually I'm longing for that announced 45-100/4 ... :sleep:

8968283007.jpg

k-hawinkler

It's a super sexy combo for sure. For once it's me who's on the fence :rolleyes:
But I reckon my excellent 32-64/4, albeit a "little bulky", will cover most primes just fine.
Actually I'm longing for that announced 45-100/4 ... :sleep:

View attachment 143026
Thanks Bart. No doubt the 50R + 50/3.5 is a very attractive system.
The smallest mMF camera setup I am aware of.

Using my dominant left eye for photography, I like my 50S with tilt adapter.
Currently 50S + tilt adapter + battery grip + 45/2.8 is my smallest mMF setup.
So far I have stayed away from the 63/2.8, reportedly slower external focusing and initial problems that required a redesign of the lens. Occasionally one can still read about malfunctioning of even a redesigned lens.

I like my 32-64/4 zoom lens just fine, am not interested in the 100-200/5.6 lens as I have the 110/2, 120/4, and 250/4, all superb performers. With regards to the 45-100/4 zoom I will have a closer look at it once it is for sale.

That leaves my most used 23/4 prime, that I am extremely impressed with.