The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUJIFILM GFX 50S, 50R, 100, etc. ... Peculiarities

Kokos

Whatever I try, it doesn't work. Strange, the image is only of 4,4 Mb. It is the upper line in the menu? the same symbol as in mails? Because the symbol bellow, insert image, they want me to upload image from URL, which I don't know how to do.
I find this system confusing...

whatever I try, it doesn't seem to work:grin:

Knorp

1. press 'Attachments'
2. press 'Add files'
3. press 'Choose file'
Screenshot 2020-03-17 at 13.16.11.jpg

4. pick your image of choice ...
5. press 'Upload' - your image will appear in section 'Attachments'
Screenshot 2020-03-17 at 13.16.35.jpg

6. press 'Insert line (1)' or 'Done'

Don't forget to add some text as well ... :rolleyes:

burgemeester_eberhard_van_der_laan-_fotograaf_mirande_phernambucq.jpg

Kokos

1. press 'Attachments'
2. press 'Add files'
3. press 'Choose file'
View attachment 147952

4. pick your image of choice ...
5. press 'Upload' - your image will appear in section 'Attachments'View attachment 147987
View attachment 147953

6. press 'Insert line (1)' or 'Done'

Don't forget to add some text as well ... :rolleyes:
View attachment 147987Distorted.01.jpg
View attachment 147954
Distorted.01.jpgDistorted.01.jpg
Now I think it appears 3x. trange that I can't see it at one it is uploaded. But you see, the distortion is severe. The other case, with unsharp horizontal lines, I think it wouldn't be possible to se in that resolution.

k-hawinkler

Thirsty Cedar Waxwings

Fuji GFX 50S + Fujinon GF120mm F4 R LM OIS WR Macro @ 120 mm (95 mm in 35mm), f/9, 1/2000 s, ISO 2000.

Fuji GFX 50S + Fujinon GF120mm F4 R LM OIS WR Macro @ 120 mm (95 mm in 35mm), f/9, 1/2000 s, ISO 1000.

k-hawinkler

Hummers

Fuji GFX 50S + Fujinon GF250mm F4 R LM OIS WR + 1.4X WR TC @ 350 mm (277 mm in 35mm), f/9, (1/2000 s, ISO 1000.

Fuji GFX 50S + Fujinon GF250mm F4 R LM OIS WR + 1.4X WR TC @ 350 mm (277 mm in 35mm), f/9, (1/2000 s, ISO 2500.

k-hawinkler

New GFX Firmware. 2020.06.30
https://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium...-backs/68842-new-gfx-firmware.html#post821082

GFX100 Firmware update
Version: 2.00 Last Updated: 2020.06.30
https://fujifilm-x.com/ko-kr/support/download/firmware/cameras/gfx100/

GFX 50S Firmware update
Version: 4.00 Last Updated: 2020.06.30
Update File Name: GXUP0001.DAT
https://fujifilm-x.com/ko-kr/support/download/firmware/cameras/gfx-50s/

GFX 50S New Features Guide
Version 4.00
http://fujifilm-dsc.com/en-int/manu...26.216756630.1593527923-1112269279.1593527923

p.1 #1 · GFX Shooters: GTLF - FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR ALL BODIES
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1652604

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

Spotted Towhee

Fuji GFX 50S + Fujinon GF250mm F4 R LM OIS WR + 1.4X WR TC @ 350 mm (277 mm in 35mm), f/5.6, 1/500 s, ISO 2,500, Date Taken 2020-06-30 19:47:45 @ 150%. Firmware version 4.00, 1.11, 1.0.

k-hawinkler

AUTO FOCUS BKT

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1652604/0#15269399
woodstork, Post icon p.1 #15 · GFX Shooters: GTLF - FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR ALL BODIES
provided the answer to my question, namely:

You must set focus points manually or using whichever non-shutter button you’ve assigned for AF to use AF. If you half press the shutter for AF it kicks into shooting mode.
Fuji has provided instructions and Jim Kasson has an excellent post on the Fuji GFX Facebook site, plus his own website.

k-h.a.w wrote:
Anyone tried automatic focus bracketing yet?
How do you do the required focusing to set points A and B?
Manually with the lens focus ring?
K-H.

Otherwise the instructions in

GFX 50S New Features Guide
Version 4.00
http://fujifilm-dsc.com/en-int/manua...279.1593527923

were quite clear to me. :clap:

Also Jim Kasson
Fuji GFX auto focus bracketing step size
June 30, 2020 By JimK

https://blog.kasson.com/gfx-50s/fuji-gfx-auto-focus-bracketing-step-size/
has made a table comparing AUTO to various manual step sizes (SS).

I used the AUTO FOCUS BKT method to generate the following test images as a learning experience. :grin:

Hummingbird feeder in focus.

Fence in focus.

Near background dry gras in focus.

Intermediate background dry gras in focus.

Far background trees in focus.

Fuji GFX 50S + Fujinon GF250mm F4 R LM OIS WR + 1.4X WR TC @ 350 mm (277 mm in 35mm), f/9, 1/500 s, ISO 400, Date Taken 2020-07-01 08:29:04-30:03.

This sequence has 94 images.

k-hawinkler

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1652604/0#15270080

Quote:

"Post icon p.1 #19 · GFX Shooters: GTLF - FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR ALL BODIES

mmm55 wrote:
I must be an idiot. I'm following these directions and can't the auto focus bracket to work.

I can get both A and B to display on the scale, I have shutter half-press focus disabled, drive mode is in AF bracket. What's left?

By the way, is there any way to extend the display time for the auto bracket settings? It seems too short.

BTW I used manual focus by turning the focus ring on the lens.
I did not disable the “shutter half-press focus”.
However one cannot use the shutter button for half-press focusing to set points A and B.
I changed the AF LOCK ONLY button to AF-ON, so I could use that for setting points A and B.
Drive mode is set to FOCUS BKT.
I then press fully down the shutter button to initiate the focus bracketing sequence.
Oh, I use 0 s for interval and the electronic shutter, of course on tripod.

K-H.

PS: Auto bracket display time is no issue for me.
Touching a relevant button, when the display disappears, brings back the display."

Knorp

Haven't tried it in earnest yet, but so far I find I'm struggling with this feature. I suppose I must one of those idiots ... :banghead:

k-hawinkler

Haven't tried it in earnest yet, but so far I find I'm struggling with this feature. I suppose I must one of those idiots ... :banghead:
:shocked: :grin: :facesmack: Well, good luck Bart. :thumbs:

BTW, I think there are 3 ways for focusing to set points A and B.

• Manual focus with the lens focus ring.
• Back button focus: AF-ON.
• Touch screen mode: AF.

The one thing that does not work: half press the shutter button.

With DRIVE MODE set to FOCUS BKT I fully press the shutter button to finally initiate the focus bracketing sequence. :salute:

Knorp

:shocked: :grin: :facesmack: Well, good luck Bart. :thumbs:

BTW, I think there are 3 ways for focusing to set points A and B.

• Manual focus with the lens focus ring.
• Back button focus: AF-ON.
• Touch screen mode: AF.

The one thing that does not work: half press the shutter button.

With DRIVE MODE set to FOCUS BKT I fully press the shutter button to finally initiate the focus bracketing sequence. :salute:
Thank you, K-H. I’ll better start reading your instructions ... :salute:

k-hawinkler

Thank you, K-H. I’ll better start reading your instructions ... :salute:

Thanks Bart. You need to follow the

GFX 50S New Features Guide Version 4.00
http://fujifilm-dsc.com/en-int/manu...26.216756630.1593527923-1112269279.1593527923

I merely explained how to accomplish the required focusing for points A and B.
The New Features Guide failed to mention that the half-press of the shutter button cannot be used for that. Oh well. That threw me for a curve. :grin:

FUJIFILM GFX 50S Owner’s Manual
FUJIFILM GFX 50S Owner’s Manual Version 3.10

Last edited:

vjbelle

I got it to work 'AFTER' following the directions exactly! Point A I selected with magnification and manual focus with a press of 'OK'. Then point B followed by 'Disp/Back' and WALA!! Worked just fine.

Victor B

k-hawinkler

I got it to work 'AFTER' following the directions exactly! Point A I selected with magnification and manual focus with a press of 'OK'. Then point B followed by 'Disp/Back' and WALA!! Worked just fine.

Victor B
Congratulations Victor and lots of fun! :thumbs:

vjbelle

So much fun that I am revisiting a GFX 100 which arrived yesterday. I've always wanted to easily 'slightly' expand my focus target area without having to either use a smaller aperture or stack and have almost everything in focus. Now I can use a larger aperture and pick my start and end points. The result is exactly what I had to manually do in the past. Now its fast, automatic and very accurate. :thumbup:

Victor B

vjbelle

Just a few thoughts regarding my GFX 100. This is my second camera - the last one was purchased a year ago and had numerous issues. I returned it within 2 days of owning it due to its peculiarities. I received one of the first bodies and it oddly had an image count of 3001 for the first image I took which was my first indication of something going awry.

Anyway..... this camera is very different and better. Most importantly it marries well with my Actus and lets me use lenses from 72mm to 180mm in portrait position. I have come to like this limitation, which forces me to shift left and right to achieve a 3X4 or 2X3 image, because it gives me an advantage of having a 'slightly' wider lens which would not be available in landscape position. This is due to the fact that the sensor size is increased due to the shifting resulting in an effective field of view change.

My 72mm - which is the shortest lens I can use due to flange distance limitations - turns into a 54mm lens in 4X3 format. Just a little bit of wide angle but it's really appreciated. I also have rise movements which allow for verticals to remain straight.

All in all, so far, I'm very happy with this purchase.

Cheers....

Victor B