The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUJIFILM GFX 50S, 50R, 100, etc. ... Peculiarities

sc_john

Anyone have experience using Peak Design strap anchors with GFX 50S metal strap clips. Does the metal clip rub or cut through the anchors? TIA

John

k-hawinkler

Fujifilm Q&A: COVID impact, GFX strategy, shrinking IBIS, secrets of a 300,000-cycle shutter and more
by Dave Etchells posted Friday, September 4, 2020 at 9:00 AM EDT

Quote:
”Hi,

I wanted to share this interview with top Fuji managers such as Toshi Iida, Shinichiro Udono and Jun Watanabe published by Imaging-resource, which may interest some GFX users.

Here is an interesting excerpt, which may hint at Fuji's future GFX solutions:

Dave Etchells: Yeah, yeah. Handheld 100-megapixel is definitely important. Normally you really have to have the camera on a tripod or be shooting with fast strobes to take full advantage of 100 megapixels. So what do you think people are asking for next? Even smaller than 50R, or...

Shin Udono: Always, always smaller, cheaper, or better ease of use. It's always challenging, but if you look at the X-T4 versus X-H1, that shows what can be achieved in several years.

If you don't have the time/will to read trough the article, here is the summary for the GFX section of the interview, provided by FujiRumors. (You can read trough the rest of the summary here.)

GFX Triumph and Strategy

• top full frame cameras are priced around $3,000-5,000. Fujifilm targets those customers to expand customer base
  • at that price point, people can choose full frame or upgrade to medium format GFX
  • as flange distance is different, XF lenses can’t be adapted to GFX cameras
  • you can adapt DSLR lenses to Fujifilm GFX with smart autofocus adapters
  • 70-80% of GFX customers were coming from non-Fuji cameras. Most probably from full frame DSLR cameras
  • GFX 50R targets street photographers. GFX 100 is more serious or professional photographers: Fashion, commercial, fashion portrait…
  • high requests for GFX cameras also among museums and libraries for archival purpose
  • Fujifilm GFX100 is currently the best selling GFX camera. GFX50R is close to GFX100 sales. GFX50S sees half the sales of GFX50R.
  • GFX sells 50% better than they predicted
  • GFX lens attachment rate: about 3 lenses per 1 GFX camera
  • Fujifilm X system has a lower lens attachment rate than GFX system
  • GFX system is really good business for Fujifilm
  • the medium format look is striking to full-frame customers: 3D-feel, higher resolution, dynamic range, lenses than can resolve 100MP
  • GFX is best for image quality
  • size, weight, price… Fujifilm is looking on how to make medium-format attractive and realistic as a choice for customers
  • the success with the GFX50R was its smaller size
  • But with GFX100 Fujifilm wanted to make the perfect GFX camera, hence put IBIS into it for best usability, which made the camera bigger
  • for GFX100 users portability is not as important as usability (for example handheld 100MP shooting thanks to IBIS)
  • for the future, GFX has to become smaller and cheaper
Cheers.”

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

Mirador White Rock 6

All the lots along existing stretch of Confianza St now have residences, mostly completed.

Fuji GFX 50S + Fujifilm Fujinon GF45mm F2.8 R WR @ 45 mm (36 mm in 35mm), f/5.6, 1/600 s, ISO 100, Date Taken 2020-10-08 17:08:37.

Same camera and lens as above.

k-hawinkler

Covid-19 Vaccination Event Last Saturday

The event was at the Los Alamos Betty Ehart Senior Center Parking Lot.
I would say extremely well organized with flawless execution.
Scheduled were 300 Moderna Vaccinations for people showing up in groups of 10.

You got to have a medic in case somebody should have an allergic reaction to the vaccine.

Parking Spot Asdsdighnment

Paperwork

The Vaccine Cart

After the vaccination getting ready to leave.

In case somebody needs to sit down.

Extremely well done indeed!

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

Weather Patterns change fast around here.

Yesterday Overcast

Today Sunshine

Fuji GFX 50S + GF 120/4.0

The last image shows the White Rock Mirador subdivision.
A lot has happened since I last visited.
The lower part of the subdivision is completely filled with houses.

In the upper part are now paved roads and the lot boundaries marked by walls.

k-hawinkler

Two at Work.

This guy was noticing that I took some pictures nearby.

So he drove his rig over to where I was parked, maybe 50 yards distance.

and asked why I was taking pictures?
"I like taking pictures." was my answer, got in my car, and left. :cool:

k-hawinkler

A few inches of snow last night...

50S + GF120

Probably more snow on the way.
Weather is forecast like this all week pretty much.