Site Sponsors

Thread: X-T3 Vs GFX 50S IQ same out of camera using jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

X-T3 Vs GFX 50S IQ same out of camera using jpg

I am semi retired and would continue to shoot portraits and Family group shots and use it for my personal use
    I dont shoot that many jobs anymore ( Now 73). I do use it on a bracket with flash and with a diffuser and OCF as well
    Thats pretty much it. Lets just say I would like to treat myself for all the years I have been shooting. Thanks
    Last edited by rollsman44; 2 Weeks Ago at 14:05.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: X-T3 Vs GFX 50S IQ same out of camera using jpg

Bump bump

Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused. Are you trying to make an apples to apples comparison to a 26 MP APS-C sensor vs a 50MP Medium Format sensor?

Post Thanks / Like

I had the GFX50s and I now have the X-T3. There is no comparison. The GFX50s is far superior in terms of IQ at the pixel level. You'd expect that with a 50mpx bayer sensor versus the 26mpx BSI trans sensor in the X-T3.

The reason I no longer have the GFX50S is simple. Weight. Although it is far lighter than most MF digital cameras it was too heavy for me (I'm in my sixties and I have a weak back).

For all practical purposes I achieve excellent results with the X-T3. It is just the GFX50S gave me 'excellenter' results at the cost of aching back muscles. Also, given that the lenses for the MF camera weigh a lot I could only travel on foot with the body and one lens at a time, whereas with the X-T3 I can manage the body and 3 lenses with no problem.

If you are doing mainly studio work or you are prepared to lug a heavy camera the GFX50S or 50R is a superb camera. I'd recommend the 50S because you can attach the tilt swivel adapter to the EVF and you have a digital Hasselblad for shooting from the waist.

Just my two cents no warranties implied or liabilities accepted in my advice :-)

LouisB
    -----
    "My photography books", Flickr Stream
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post