The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any solid hints about announcements at Summit X-20 Sept?

algrove

Was hoping a 500C type of 100MP body with 75MP square useable sensor would be shown again with more refinements-if any.

Would love to know what is in store for the next generation of the 50S/R.

Any word?

free1000

Was hoping a 500C type of 100MP body with 75MP square useable sensor would be shown again with more refinements-if any.

Would love to know what is in store for the next generation of the 50S/R.

Any word?
I'm wondering why Fuji would hold a summit about their X range of cameras and then make a major announcement about the G range.

As someone who has worked in corporate marketing I expect they would not as it would damage the focus on the X range, but we can live with hope, I'd buy that product :)

free1000

I'm wondering why Fuji would hold a summit about their X range of cameras and then make a major announcement about the G range.

As someone who has worked in corporate marketing I expect they would not as it would damage the focus on the X range, but we can live with hope, I'd buy that product :)
Sorry I was totally wrong about this, I see that the last marketing event had the same naming and covered all the cameras, my bad. :rolleyes:

Pelorus

So the two major announcements were an XF lens 50/1.4 and the XPro3 which has:
  • Titanium body
  • Weather sealing
  • 3 versions, two of which have a highly durable coating called Dura...
  • Only a small rear LCD with basic information, and...a simulation of the old end of the film box that you used to stick into a holder on the back of the camera - a bit of fun really
  • A new film simulation - Classic Negative
  • A hidden LCD that flips down
There were no announcements for the GF lens line or the GFX. But the new body will be available from 24th October to _try_ in a global event called FujiFest. It is "global" to the extent that it doesn't have any venues at all in ANZ however!! Have to go to Tokyo on 十月二十六日 :cool:

You can watch here...it doesn't get started until the 30th minute so just skip forward to there.

Last edited:

Pelorus

However on this page there is a greyed out image of the 45-100...the pancake 50 is also greyed out so I don't know how up to date the page is.

Knorp

Perhaps we’re watching the ‘wrong’ event :lecture:
So maybe, and hopefully, there’s any time soon such a thing as a “Summit G”.
Well I doubt it, but hey one can always dream ...

:chug:

Knorp

However on this page there is a greyed out image of the 45-100...the pancake 50 is also greyed out so I don't know how up to date the page is.
That page is outdated as the 50/3.5 is coming.
A little disturbing though, that Fuji’s lens roadmap seems to end in 2020.
It begs the question if there’s anything significant about 2020 and beyond ...

:watch:

PeterA

I've been waiting for the XPro-3 announcement and I guess we have form factor news...with no specific details on EVF resolution or magnification factor. Not sure I like the idea of the 'hidden' flip down LCD I never use flip down or around LCD but I use the LCD a lot to check image ...I would say that at this stage I am disappointed by their design decision. I want an XPro body because I am right eye biased and I also like my nose out of the way of a camera body...but the hidden LCD is on first blush to me anyway a gimmick that detracts from ease of use. I don't believe in 'pure photography' as meaning anything. I like the new film emulation - interestingly they haven't called it Superia - like the film I used extensively for street shooting (it was really cheap to buy and process) - but that is the look. I guess more detail will be announced on October 23...and (ironically) it may well be that I just buy a discounted XPro-2 instead - the hidden LCD screen idea - really bugs me the more I think about it.

As for GFX news or lack of - the only thing I am now ( maybe) interested in will be a tilt/shift lens - pretty much all bases are already covered in focal lengths I care about for 50 and 100MP shooting in MFD.

Knorp

Hi Pete,

A gimmick maybe, still I like the concept of the 'hidden' main screen and that little info screen. It seems pretty much biased to and targeted at street shooters. Very much Leica look-alike ... :grin:
So definitely not to everyone's taste. But hey you could at least applaud Fuji for their effort and courage !

Currently shooting 23, 32-64, 135 and 250(350) focal lengths and eagerly awaiting that 45-100/4.
I reckon that 45-100 together with the 32-64 make for a killer two-lens combo !

Krgds.

Btw How's the beach weather Down Under of late ?

PeterA

Hi Pete,

A gimmick maybe, still I like the concept of the 'hidden' main screen and that little info screen. It seems pretty much biased to and targeted at street shooters. Very much Leica look-alike ... :grin:
So definitely not to everyone's taste. But hey you could at least applaud Fuji for their effort and courage !

Currently shooting 23, 32-64, 135 and 250(350) focal lengths and eagerly awaiting that 45-100/4.
I reckon that 45-100 together with the 32-64 make for a killer two-lens combo !

Krgds.

Btw How's the beach weather Down Under of late ?
Yes congratulations Fuji for being different and offering choice to photographers - I've ditched most of my Leica M glass and my M10 wanting to add the Xpro3 to my XT-3 (lighter smarter faster system) will probably also get rid of my SL system and glass - both moves are big for me as I've been a Leica fanboy for decades - but I'd rather have 9/10 glass with autofocus than 10/10 glass (at 10X the cost) and manual focusing on rangefinder. Also tbh - after shooting GFX 50 and 100 it is a big step down to look at 25mp files.....so FujiX aps for happy snaps is a no brainer.

On GFX100 I'm shooting 23/45/32-64/110 and my 250 arrives in a couple of days 1.4 TC a few weeks later...tbh the 32-64 zoom doesn't get much use - great lens though - agree the 45-100 would be interesting for sure.

Beach weather is a month away - I'm looking forward to it - going to buy myself a new longboard for first time in years to celebrate!

Pete

free1000

That page is outdated as the 50/3.5 is coming.
A little disturbing though, that Fuji’s lens roadmap seems to end in 2020.
It begs the question if there’s anything significant about 2020 and beyond ...

:watch:
Fujirumours and others have been speculating about a new lens roadmap for some time, this is clearly out of date as the 50 is real. It would be disappointing if there was only one new lens for 2020, but not super surprising.

The logical time to release a new lens roadmap for the G mount would be during PhotoPlus in NY in October, vendors need stuff to announce at such times.