The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Gfx100

At the Fujifilm place at Tokyo Midtown yesterday I had a chat with one of the guys about the GFX 100. In Aussie stock is tough to come by. He said it's a global issue and very tough in Japan to get stock. Not sure when it would get better!
In US, I got within 2 weeks of ordering from Capture Integration. They told 3-5 weeks estimated delivery when I ordered. Give a call to Steve Hendrix.

drevil

Staff member
At the Fujifilm place at Tokyo Midtown yesterday I had a chat with one of the guys about the GFX 100. In Aussie stock is tough to come by. He said it's a global issue and very tough in Japan to get stock. Not sure when it would get better!
i just love to read about such issues, in mainland china and HK(where i do most of my shopping for obvious reasons) i never have any delays, i gave my dealer a notice one week in advance and both, gfx100 and 250mm, were available on my arrival in hk.
same goes for leica stuff, all around the world i hear about delays and waiting time, not in HK.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I can’t speak for Don but I certainly do. It’s an awesome platform with fantastic lenses, lots of adapters for 3rd party lenses and also C1 support.

I love my IQ4150 but I mostly (90%+) shoot the GFX100.

DougDolde

I watched a video by Adam Gibbs where he said the GFX100 wasn't all that much better in terms of image quality than the 50R. Makes sense because 100 megapixels isn't twice the resolution of 50 megapixels. And the 50R has bigger pixels. I'd rather spend money on lenses than a GFX100

Rand47

I’ve had my GFX 100 since July of last year. It is a very fine camera. The Fujinon GF lenses are reason enough to use this system. The 45mm lens may be the sharpest, best corrected lens I’ve ever used, period.
One of the really nice things about the GFX 100 is that it isn’t a “tripod queen.” While brilliant as a landscape camera, it is equally at home hand held and “fast enough” for anything except true fast-action work. I’ve been making photographs since I was 10 years old in the 1950’s. I’ve owned almost “one of everything” over the years and can say without reservation that this is the most capable camera / system I’ve ever had the privilege to own and use. The balance of superior image quality and versatility is unequalled at the present state of things.

Rand

Last edited:

Don Libby

Don,
After a year with the GFX 100, do you still feel it is a great camera?
Thank you

Sorry for the late reply as I just noticed this question this morning.

The very short answer is hell yes! I still like the GFX 100 just as much now as I did last year.

There really isn't much to not like and if I were pressed to say a negative it would be the overall size. The positives outweigh the negative.

The fastest shutter speed in a medium format that I've ever tried. I shot wildlife in Jackson Hole shortly after getting the GFX100 and was amazed at how fast it was. Since then I've shot hummingbirds in flight which is something I had never been able to do before (it was more hit or miss with the GFX 50 and no way in hell with any other MF).

Being able to process the files in C1 is a huge help but I think that came around prior to getting the 100. While I was put off by the size and weight I've quickly become to like and enjoy it. The GFX100 is easy to hold and point and shoot. I lot of the wildlife (moose) images I captured using either the 100-200 or 250 (both with and without the 2x) were all handheld. It's that easy.

Landscape images are equally as good. I've done a lot of Milkyway work with the GFX50 however not as much with the 100 this year due to the crap that's ongoing.

I also did a lot of work on capturing waterdrops using the GFX50 and that was something I was able to do with the 100.

In short, I knew within a very short period that the GFX100 was a great fit and quickly sold my GFX50s. I've since then picked up a GFX50r as more of a walkaround camera when I didn't want the extra size and weight.

I highly recommend the GFX100

Again, sorry for the delay in response.

Don

k-hawinkler

Great feedback. Thanks.
I have the GF 1.4x teleconverter.
‘There is a XF 2x TC, but I believe no GF 2x TC, right?