Site Sponsors

Thread: Large eye cup for Fuji GFX 50R?

Post Thanks / Like

Large eye cup for Fuji GFX 50R?

As a senior citizen, I have trouble viewing the viewfinder in bright sunlight. I hold the camera with my right hand, with index finger on the shutter release button. With my left hand I shield the sun by covering my right eye. I had a similar problem with my Sony A 7Rii, and I found an after market large eye cup that works very well. I did a web search and found nothing. Anyone ever see one? I will post on Fuji forum and Medium Format forums.
    Thanks
    Dave in NJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Large eye cup for Fuji GFX 50R?

Quote Originally Posted by gurtch View Post
    As a senior citizen, I have trouble viewing the viewfinder in bright sunlight. I hold the camera with my right hand, with index finger on the shutter release button. With my left hand I shield the sun by covering my right eye. I had a similar problem with my Sony A 7Rii, and I found an after market large eye cup that works very well. I did a web search and found nothing. Anyone ever see one? I will post on Fuji forum and Medium Format forums.
    Thanks
    Dave in NJ
    G'day Dave, I'm, according to the government a senior citizen...I suspect not as senior as you and I don't feel like one. However, I don't have this trouble with the 50R and I'd like to understand the issue. I wear specs that stop me getting too close to the EVF but I never get light into the finder that stops a clear image. What circumstances does this happen in?

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pelorus View Post
    G'day Dave, I'm, according to the government a senior citizen...I suspect not as senior as you and I don't feel like one. However, I don't have this trouble with the 50R and I'd like to understand the issue. I wear specs that stop me getting too close to the EVF but I never get light into the finder that stops a clear image. What circumstances does this happen in?

Mike
    Thanks Mike for your reply. I am naturally right handed, but left eyed. I always used my left eye to focus and use my cameras. A year ago I had a stroke in my left eye which left me partially blind in that eye, and I have had to retrain myself to use my right eye to focus and compose images in the viewfinder. When the sun is lower in the sky, as it is this time of year, I just cannot get my eye close enough to the finder to prevent ambient light from blocking up the finder image. Thus, I use my left hand to shield the finder, and my eye from direct ( or even indirect) sun light. I do wear glasses, but the diopter adjustment allows me to not use glasses to see the finder image.
    Best regards
    Dave
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

google ...fuji 50 r eyecup for many alternatives

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This one is made by Fuji and should work,

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...yecup_for.html

Paul C
    Paul Caldwell
    [email protected]
    www.photosofarkansas.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glenerrolrd View Post
    google ...fuji 50 r eyecup for many alternatives
    Thanks all. I found this, advertised to fit the GFX 50 R:
    http://www.pacific-parts.com/fujifil...r-eye-cup.html

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul2660 View Post
    This one is made by Fuji and should work,

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...yecup_for.html

Paul C
    Thanks for the pointer.
    I got this one for my 50S.
    It works great.
    With best regards, K-H.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-hawinkler View Post
    Thanks for the pointer.
    I got this one for my 50S.
    It works great.
    Thanks.... I ordered an eye cup over a week ago and am still waiting. It ends up the company ships directly from China, which was not spelled out in their ad. I have searched, but could NOT find an answer??. Will eye cups for the 50RS fit the 50RX ? Simple question....but no answers available.
    Thanks
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm not sure that this helps a lot, however, none of Fujifilm's own accessory eyecups for the 50S are listed as being compatible with the 50R. https://www.fujifilm.com/products/di.../others/#other

It would seem that if the viewfinder eyecups were the same Fuji would be keen to spread the accessory eyecups across both cameras.

The accessory listing for the 50R lists no accessory eyecups: https://www.fujifilm.com/products/di...r/accessories/

Whilst not definitive, it tends to suggest that the two viewfinders can't share eyecups.

Quote Originally Posted by gurtch View Post
    Thanks.... I ordered an eye cup over a week ago and am still waiting. It ends up the company ships directly from China, which was not spelled out in their ad. I have searched, but could NOT find an answer??. Will eye cups for the 50RS fit the 50RX ? Simple question....but no answers available.
    Thanks
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pelorus View Post
    I'm not sure that this helps a lot, however, none of Fujifilm's own accessory eyecups for the 50S are listed as being compatible with the 50R. https://www.fujifilm.com/products/di.../others/#other

It would seem that if the viewfinder eyecups were the same Fuji would be keen to spread the accessory eyecups across both cameras.

The accessory listing for the 50R lists no accessory eyecups: https://www.fujifilm.com/products/di...r/accessories/

Whilst not definitive, it tends to suggest that the two viewfinders can't share eyecups.
    Thanks, I sort of came to that conclusion. You wonder why Fuji would make two different types of eyepieces for two cameras with basically the same specs.
    Thanks again
    Dave

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

On the 50S the eyecup popped right on from above, s snug fit!
    With best regards, K-H.