The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GFX50 + Pentax 645 FA Lenses

lamoreauxphoto

To anyone who has used this combo with the various adapters, what is your overall expierence with them in terms of color, clarity, sharpness, etc?

I dont need autofocus but rather I want to use them with my Arca Swiss technical camera plate via Arca's adapter. I've seen people that love them and others not so much.

Thank you -

grrr101

To anyone who has used this combo with the various adapters, what is your overall expierence with them in terms of color, clarity, sharpness, etc?

I dont need autofocus but rather I want to use them with my Arca Swiss technical camera plate via Arca's adapter. I've seen people that love them and others not so much.

Thank you -
Pentax 645 lenses are usually very good and cheap
I cannot understand why some people do not like them except of course if they got bad copies

With no AF Pentax 645 A lenses are more solid and nicer to use than FA lenses

The pentaxforum web site gives more detailed information. Please type 645 as search keyword

Best regards
Guy

It is also possible to use the GFX with (very carefully) selected 24x36mm (full frame) lenses

rdeloe

I'm a big fan of SMC Pentax-A 645 lenses on the GFX 50R/S cameras.

There's a thread over at DPReview that you might find useful: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4456465
It's focused on options for tilt-shift, but lenses that are good for that purpose will be just as good or better used a "straight" lenses.

A few posts in I provide information, including sample pictures and sample RAFs, from the Pentax-A 645 45-85mm f/4.5, which I consider to be an excellent lens on the 50R. Judge for yourself: there are various RAFs you can download and explore.

Other Pentax-A 645 lenses I like are listed further down in the thread. Another poster in the thread also mentions the Pentax 67 lenses, e.g., the 55/4 (latest version) is really excellent on a 50R (but I found it to be a bit too big and heavy).

And as the previous poster noted, you can find excellent information and user reviews at Pentax Forums (https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/). My only caution is people are offering reviews based on all kinds of cameras, from actual Pentax 645 film cameras through to Pentax 645 digital (D and Z), and various mirrorless.