Site Sponsors

Thread: Fuji GFX50R + Arca Swiss RM3di Combo

Post Thanks / Like

Fuji GFX50R + Arca Swiss RM3di Combo

Finally got my architecture camera all set up with the GFX50R. Loving it so far with Canon TS-E Lenses with a good amount of movements without vignetting. I just ordered the AS Pentax 645 adapter as well to try out some of those lenses as well with a larger image circle.

GFX50R + RM3di + Canon TS-E 50mm (Crop)
    Last edited by lamoreauxphoto; 9th January 2020 at 11:32.
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuji GFX50R + Arca Swiss RM3di Combo

If you haven't done so already---this is probably better shared in the medium format digital forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It's good to see that Arca got that plate out, that allows the direct mounting of the Canon TS-E lenses, I wish Arca would make one for the 19mm Nikkor.

How well do the Canon lenses hold up on the 50r? Corners, sharp, and do you see a lot of fall off or vignetting?

Would be nice to see Fuji come out with a true shift lens, but they don't seem to understand the need for such an optic. I would love a 45mm or 35mm shift lens designed around the Fuji GF mount.

Paul C

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul2660 View Post
    It's good to see that Arca got that plate out, that allows the direct mounting of the Canon TS-E lenses, I wish Arca would make one for the 19mm Nikkor.

How well do the Canon lenses hold up on the 50r? Corners, sharp, and do you see a lot of fall off or vignetting?

Would be nice to see Fuji come out with a true shift lens, but they don't seem to understand the need for such an optic. I would love a 45mm or 35mm shift lens designed around the Fuji GF mount.

Paul C
    Honestly, they hold up quite well and would say the TS-E 50mm is probably the sharpest and cleanest Canon TS-E lens in the line up. I get a good amount of movements with the combo and gives me the ability to rise/fall and shift indepentendly. Of course you'll start to see the outter edges of the imgage circle before you run out of movements on the RM3di plate bu thats a limitation of the lens image circle not the device itself.

I also am adapting Pentax 645 lenses via Arcas adapter as well and I am able to get 19mm of rise/fall and 10mm of shift at the same time and zero vinegetting. Corners are sharp at f8+ and I'm pleased with the images. Not a cheap setup and definetly not for everyone but I love the versitility that this setup provides me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kdphotography View Post
    If you haven't done so already---this is probably better shared in the medium format digital forums
    I don't know how to move the post? Didnt know I posted in the wrong forum? Sorry I'm new here lol

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by lamoreauxphoto View Post
    I don't know how to move the post? Didn't know I posted in the wrong forum? Sorry I'm new here lol
    You didn't post in the 'wrong' forum at all - and thank you for an interesting thread.
    What Ken was advising ws that because the MF forum in GETDPI is camera 'agnostic' it gets more traffic - funny that! -

Cheers
    Pete
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post