The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First photos of the GF45-100

Knorp

Thanks Bart, it's interesting looking at the sample images. The one of the young woman is taken with a 50S at F20!! That's not necessarily where you'd think the lens would show its best. However it is very sharp. The other two images tell me very little about the lens at all unfortunately.
Yep, those are not the best sample images one can wish for.
Oh well, there’s nothing for it but to wait for Matt’s test shots ... :p

Pelorus

That got it. It's hard to know what to make from those shots. The shots of the young woman, the eyes seem sharp but it's like the skin has been smoothed and softened so there's no sense of sharpness elsewhere. It also seems not to do flare so well judging from the first few pics.

I see, could be a Flickr thing (probably).
Try this Fujirumors link and scroll down a bit till you find “Rico Pfirstinger - sample images on Flickr”: https://www.fujirumors.com/live-blo...-g-mount-roadmap-fujifilm-x-summit-februay-4/

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
That got it. It's hard to know what to make from those shots. The shots of the young woman, the eyes seem sharp but it's like the skin has been smoothed and softened so there's no sense of sharpness elsewhere. It also seems not to do flare so well judging from the first few pics.
Hard to tell from someone else's processing. I'm fairly encouraged. The bokeh is quite nice at 100mm, and only slightly harder at 45mm. Flare? Again, have to try it and process it ourselves. Unless there are RAW files somewhere ... :bugeyes:

--Matt

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
$2,300 at B&H, if that hasn't been mentioned yet... and.. preordered!

Matt
Mine is coming in $1 cheaper :ROTFL:

I wasn’t going to order it but I figured what the heck. I love the 32-64 but this might be more useful as a walkabout single lens for travel. We’ll see. Apparently they're supposed to ship at the end of February so lets be safe and assume March/April to real people.

Last edited:

biglouis

There are some YouTube video reviews from early testers. Obviously, some are sponsored but some interesting points.

I'm now in two minds about the 45-100 given the announcement about the GF 30/3.5. I really like the 24mm fov and this would be of great use to me. Decisions, decisions - unfortunately, I don't think the wallet will streeeeetcchhh to both :)

LouisB

robmac

On the OiS system - best I've ever seen.

We used the GF 250/4 for a project (disclosure: now for sale) on our 50S alongside the H5D and getting tack-sharp hand-held shots down to 1/30, or even 1/15 (with good technique) were entirely possible when we tested it (the actual project didn't require slow SS).

The OiS is noisier then some other brands (GF 120M users have noticed same) when not engaged (elements moving & servos 'talking'), but for the results we saw, I'll let a lens 'talk to me' all day long & twice on Sunday ;>

Bodes well for the 45-100.

Pelorus

I have the 100-200 - same story. The OIS is fantastic. I don't really notice the noise, and the results are great.

On the OiS system - best I've ever seen.

We used the GF 250/4 for a project (disclosure: now for sale) on our 50S alongside the H5D and getting tack-sharp hand-held shots down to 1/30, or even 1/15 (with good technique) were entirely possible when we tested it (the actual project didn't require slow SS).

The OiS is noisier then some other brands (GF 120M users have noticed same) when not engaged (elements moving & servos 'talking'), but for the results we saw, I'll let a lens 'talk to me' all day long & twice on Sunday ;>

Bodes well for the 45-100.

PeterA

It is good that Fuji is providing photographers via zoom or fixed focal length choice.

ron787

I realize that this is an old thread, but I too had found my GFX100 too heavy to carry on a daily basis, and when the recent GFX50r discount went live I'd ordered one as a daily or almost daily carry.

That camera, with the GF50mm onboard is very comfortable to hang from my shoulder, but the lack of stabilization had been at times problematic, as high shutter speeds and or monopod/tripod had not always been convenient. And then came the GF 45-100 F/4 OIS. The zoom has breathed new life into my relatively new GFX50r ... its OIS is nothing short of spectacular, and I find myself doing handheld imaging at 1/30sec and producing sharp images. True, it's about as heavy and long as the GF 120mm, but it sits well on the GFX50r, and of course does even better on the GFX100. But I had purchased the zoom specifically for the 50r, and that's where it will remain attached. I won't bother describing its IQ, as there are plenty of reviews on the Internet, but suffice it to say that it's exceptional.

k-hawinkler

I realize that this is an old thread, but I too had found my GFX100 too heavy to carry on a daily basis, and when the recent GFX50r discount went live I'd ordered one as a daily or almost daily carry.

That camera, with the GF50mm onboard is very comfortable to hang from my shoulder, but the lack of stabilization had been at times problematic, as high shutter speeds and or monopod/tripod had not always been convenient. And then came the GF 45-100 F/4 OIS. The zoom has breathed new life into my relatively new GFX50r ... its OIS is nothing short of spectacular, and I find myself doing handheld imaging at 1/30sec and producing sharp images. True, it's about as heavy and long as the GF 120mm, but it sits well on the GFX50r, and of course does even better on the GFX100. But I had purchased the zoom specifically for the 50r, and that's where it will remain attached. I won't bother describing its IQ, as there are plenty of reviews on the Internet, but suffice it to say that it's exceptional.

:worthless: