The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

APS-C Sensor Cleaning

Pelorus

I'm open for any tips about APS-C sensor cleaning. Usually my dealer cleans my MFDB and 50R sensor.

I felt like I needed to learn to do this myself for the X-Pro3. I watched all the videos and used a GreenClean wet and dry system...It gets worse every time I touch it :eek:

I'd noticed dust or other stuff on a couple of pictures. When I started to clean a white frame showed a couple of larger marks and some smaller ones. The sensor had no visible dust when I inspected it and I blew it clean, inspected. But it did have one very tiny spot that looked like dried liquid. This is what it looks like after being cleaned twice...:thumbdown: Help gratefully received.

Knorp

I'd say, better leave it to your dealer as you apparently have some very stubborn marks remaining even after a double wet clean.
On the bright side: you've got the perfect sensor for film simulation ... :p

All the best.

archiM44

Sorry to say that I had poor results using Green Clean in the past (M9 x-pro1and 2) when I tried it instead of Eclipse and Sensor Swabs
Went back to Eclipse and Sensor Swabs now from Photosol recleaned and everything was perfect again.
Now use on my x-pro3 with the same perfect results.

Check after cleaning if the gray spots have disappeared and if any of the black spots remain and check these at magnification.
any really very sharply defined black spot could be under the sensor cover glass.
I had this once with an x-t2 and fuji confirmed and replaced the camera because it was a manufacturing fault

Last edited:

archiM44

If after cleaning and you only have a couple of the fuzzy gray spots, don't worry about them
The black Rocket blowers made of rubber when they get older ofter blow out black rubber particles.
That is why I switched to non rubber blowers and now use the VisibleDust Zeeion Blower.

PeterA

Use some Scotch tape gently place it on sensor and lift the stuck on dust right off - I do it by making a double sided strip so I have something to hold on to - to lightly place and then pull off. The sensor covers are quite tough glass - but wet cleaning always leaves smears of some kind - also best to remove as much dust as possible before wet cleaning anyway.