The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Aspect ratio

Emekeobanor

I use Fuji xt 20 camera. I *am using capture one 20 app. I captured some images with my camera set at aspect ratio 1:1, when I uploaded the raw file to edit, it reversed to an aspect ration similar to 3:2 and even showed some object on the edge of the frame that is not in the camera image. Ple help work me through what to do to see my image on capture one exactly as I shot it. I am new to the app.

Pelorus

Hello and welcome!

My apologies if you already know this and are asking a different question :)

In Capture One you have the crop tool. One of the options for the crop tool is "Square". You should be able to select that and place the crop exactly as you had it in the camera. Please see the picture below.

Please ask again if I have misunderstood.

Kind regards
Mike

I use Fuji xt 20 camera. I *am using capture one 20 app. I captured some images with my camera set at aspect ratio 1:1, when I uploaded the raw file to edit, it reversed to an aspect ration similar to 3:2 and even showed some object on the edge of the frame that is not in the camera image. Ple help work me through what to do to see my image on capture one exactly as I shot it. I am new to the app.

archiM44

I only shoot RAW, but as I remember if you shoot RAW+JEPEG the jepeg file will be cropped as chosen in camera but the RAW will always neglect in camera settings

archiM44

I only shoot RAW, but as I remember if you shoot RAW+JEPEG the jepeg file will be cropped as chosen in camera but the RAW will always neglect in camera settings
I just tried this and indeed that is the case
I also tried copying the crop setting from the jpeg file and applying it to the RAW file, but unfortunately that won't work in Capture One 20.

mota25

I have seen that on my Sony (set to 4:3) when importing to LR, I get the correct crop already. Not so in C1 Pro 20. I have to adjust so it defeats the purpose of having selected the crop when shooting. May there is some setting to tell C1 to use the crop as LR can do it.

scho

I have seen that on my Sony (set to 4:3) when importing to LR, I get the correct crop already. Not so in C1 Pro 20. I have to adjust so it defeats the purpose of having selected the crop when shooting. May there is some setting to tell C1 to use the crop as LR can do it.
When I use my GFX 50R in 1:1 mode shooting both raw and jpeg and then import the files into LR for processing both the jpeg and the raw file are automatically cropped to 1:1 by LR. I can undo the 1:1 crop in the raw file simply by selecting the crop tool snd reset to original format.

archiM44

Today I updated Capture One PRO 20 and tried shooting a few shots RAW+Fine with a 1X1 crop and after importing I copied the Composition settings from the JPG to the RAF and the RAF file was cropped to 1X1.
Why this same procedure did not work when I tried it previously, I don't know
Apologies for the faulty information

biglouis

Raw is raw. Doesn't matter what your image settings are, e.g. aspect, style etc you will get a raw image exposed with the aperture, speed and EV you choose, nothing else.

I use the 1:1 mask to frame knowing that in LR I will have to apply to 1:1 mask to crop back to what I have shot.

It would be a nice to have if you could apply the aspect ratio to the raw file and I'm surprised it can't be done in firmware.

LouisB