The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Applying Film Emulations GFX 50R?

gurtch

How do I apply Fuji Film emulations for my GFX 50R? I have, for example, Velvia selected in the camera. I presently develop the raw RAF files in DXO Photolab 2.0. I see nowhere the option to apply the Velvia "look". I do have an older version of Film Pack 2.0, but for some reason, it will not load TIFF files (The only choices are TIF or JPG). I have been told that Capture 1 will provide the option, and I have the free Capture 1 Fuji program, but Capture 1 does not work for me...I lose files, cannot find files, etc (I am a senior...old dogs, etc).
Thanks in advance
Dave in NJ
P.S. I will also post in the Medium Format Forum

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
How do I apply Fuji Film emulations for my GFX 50R? I have, for example, Velvia selected in the camera. I presently develop the raw RAF files in DXO Photolab 2.0. I see nowhere the option to apply the Velvia "look". I do have an older version of Film Pack 2.0, but for some reason, it will not load TIFF files (The only choices are TIF or JPG). I have been told that Capture 1 will provide the option, and I have the free Capture 1 Fuji program, but Capture 1 does not work for me...I lose files, cannot find files, etc (I am a senior...old dogs, etc).
Thanks in advance
Dave in NJ
P.S. I will also post in the Medium Format Forum
I am not sure if the DXO Photolab has an official Fuji-supported presets. Please try LR - it also has Fuji-supported emulations.

AlanS

I have PL3 but 2 should be the same. If you look at "colour rendering" tab in FilmPack there is a tab that will say "generic rendering" if you press the little arrow to the right there is a drop down menu with all the film types on. Pick a type of film then in the next dropdown you can pick the actual emulsion you want (including Velvia). They don't do Fuji in camera presets, I presume because they do their own range of film emulations, including other manufactures.

Last edited:

biglouis

Another question that occurs to me.

If you shoot RAW, do you even have to select the film type when creating the image?

If I want to apply the film type to RAW image I can do so in post in LR.

LouisB

AlanS

The in camera profiles only effect the camera jpgs and have no effect on raw files except LR and C1 (maybye some others) then apply the preset when they read the raw files.

Charles2

If you want the same film simulations that are in the camera, you turn to Fuji X Raw Studio. It is clumsy - you must have the camera connected to your computer and have it on - but you can get a .tif, not only .jpg. While you are at it, you can plays with the camera exposure, white balance, and other adjustments, too. You can save a .tif in the Adobe RGB color space for your regular post processing.

gurtch

Thanks Charles2. Seems clumsy, but it is what it is. You would think Fuji could think of a way to shoot raw and allow the option to apply film looks in post processing, while also retaining the original raw file.
Dave