The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GF23mm or 24mm TSE II

mota25

Deciding between the two options. Any recommendations? I hear 23mm is sharper, especially in corners but then TSE will let me do tilt/shift which I can't do on the GF 23mm f4. I picked up used 90mm TSE I for use on GFX and kind of liking it for the food photography shots.

AlanS

I think you have covered all the points yourself. I have the 24 tse II and find it plenty sharp for my needs and really enjoy the flexability of the movements. From my research the 23 is sharper but which is most important to you?

biglouis

My recommendations are twofold.

1) 23mm is a fantastic piece of glass and although many will throw their hands up in horror, if perspective correction is your requirement, do it in post with LR, or CS. Even if you want the panoramic features of a tilt lens you can replicate it with stitching and perspective correction.

2) Laowa 17mm - so frickin' wide you probably can get the verticals the way you want them. Only drawback is that it needs to be stopped down to f11 and above to get really sharp corners.

I owned the 23mm and the only downside is that the 18mm equivalent fov is actually not quite wide enough for UWA and of course too wide for normal WA (e.g. 24mm fov equivalent).

For me personally, I was going to get the 45-100 and even had the dough lined up but then Fujifilm announced a 24mm equivalent prime, the GF30/3.5, which is just what I want so I'll go for that when it comes out (the wallet won't stretch to both).

Just my two cents.

LouisB

mota25

Thanks. Picked up 23mm f4, should be here next week. Would still like to have 24mm TSE and see how it works on the GFX.