The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GFX 50R menu lock?

gurtch

Hi all. Stay safe. My wife and I have been going on photo outings to deserted places. I have been using the Gfx 50R. I struggle with the menu system to get the camera set up the way I prefer it. The camera manual does not even have an index! When I think I have the camera set up to my liking, during a long shooting session (like today), I always seem to inadvertently push a button which fouls up my set up. Today, half way through my photo session, I noticed the LCD screen did not show the image I was photographing. It showed a black screen with all kinds of info, but no image. I still finished my photo session, as I usually use the eye level finder. When I got home I scoured the instruction book to see how to bring back the LCD screen image, but could not find it. Accidentally I fixed it with the DISP BACK button. Every photo session I somehow foul up another setting. Here is my question: Is there a "Magic bullet" setting whereas NOTHING WILL CHANGE until the setting is purposely over ridden? Yes, I am a senior, age 83, so go easy on me please. TIA.
Dave in Nj
MODERN PICTORIALS

Pelorus

Hello Dave,

I don't know that there is such a setting, however I found that the thing that caused me this problem was the Q button. It falls right under my hand and I was forever pressing it. I disabled the Q button and life became a great deal easier.

I'll see if I can dig up the right page in the manual for how to do that.

Try page 195 of the manual and set the Q menu to None, I think!

Regards
Mike

Hi all. Stay safe. My wife and I have been going on photo outings to deserted places. I have been using the Gfx 50R. I struggle with the menu system to get the camera set up the way I prefer it. The camera manual does not even have an index! When I think I have the camera set up to my liking, during a long shooting session (like today), I always seem to inadvertently push a button which fouls up my set up. Today, half way through my photo session, I noticed the LCD screen did not show the image I was photographing. It showed a black screen with all kinds of info, but no image. I still finished my photo session, as I usually use the eye level finder. When I got home I scoured the instruction book to see how to bring back the LCD screen image, but could not find it. Accidentally I fixed it with the DISP BACK button. Every photo session I somehow foul up another setting. Here is my question: Is there a "Magic bullet" setting whereas NOTHING WILL CHANGE until the setting is purposely over ridden? Yes, I am a senior, age 83, so go easy on me please. TIA.
Dave in Nj
MODERN PICTORIALS

gurtch

Mike, I found that when I went to the quick menu, which I had never used, the white balance was set to something other than "AUTO", by accident. I set everything to "none", except self timer, image quality and white balance, which I may have occasion to use. I must admit, using the instruction manual I still struggled to set the "none" settings. I ended up using the set up menu to do it.
Hopefully this will help eliminate my inadvertently changing settings. Remember when you had a light meter in one hand, and the camera had two settings: shutter speed and f stop? However I also remember hours and hours in the dark room developing negatives and making prints.
Stay safe.
Dave