The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GFX-50R on sale again

Don Libby

Fantastic combo! You will really enjoy it. Since I started shooting medium format, my photography has become slower, more articulate and purposeful. And I finally understood what Vincent Lions meant when he wrote “loss of interest in other platforms may occur.” :)
I began with the GFX50s which I sold shortly after getting the 100. In some ways I missed the slightly smaller 59s and just couldn't pass up the 50r. The XT-3 is heading out the door having been sold. I how have the 100 and 50s and a great lineup of lenses that fit both cameras and styles.

Cozmopak

I'm very tempted by this camera. I'll be doing a lot of macro shooting, but I want to be able to shoot family photography as well, kids running around, etc. I'm also looking at the Sony A7rIV, but everything I've seen so far makes me think that the Fuji image quality is superior. Any insights?

k-hawinkler

I'm very tempted by this camera. I'll be doing a lot of macro shooting, but I want to be able to shoot family photography as well, kids running around, etc. I'm also looking at the Sony A7rIV, but everything I've seen so far makes me think that the Fuji image quality is superior. Any insights?

No doubt the image quality of both cameras is stellar.
For IQ I would pick the Fuji, in my case I have and cherish the 50S.

For kids running around though, I have my Sony A9.
The A9, A9 II are second to none for focusing speed and Eye-AF. :thumbs:
They also feature a blackout free EVF. :thumbup:

DougDolde

Looks like the sale go round is no longer active.
Glad I bought mine while on sale...$1500 less than list

DougDolde

I began with the GFX50s which I sold shortly after getting the 100. In some ways I missed the slightly smaller 59s and just couldn't pass up the 50r. The XT-3 is heading out the door having been sold. I how have the 100 and 50s and a great lineup of lenses that fit both cameras and styles.
You've contradicted yourself do you have the S or R ?

Is the 100 that much better? I am pretty happy with the R