The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GFX 50r vs Sony A7Riv

Cozmopak

I’ll be doing quite a bit of macro work, but also want something that can do family photography, including moving toddlers! Any opinions? I’ve been using Leica M cameras for a while, and am familiar with the rangefinder style, which is why the Fuji appeals to me, as well as being medium format.

mota25

Between the two I would say Sony as you mentioned moving toddler. I keep GFX50s for my serious shoots and use Sony A7rV as my family p&s. I still like Fuji but AF is slow for shooting kids.

Bugleone

Just get both! ...Hang 'em round your neck and you'll look great!

.....If you don't like one or the other just give it to the kids, or just bin it!.......Or, give it to the 'little woman' as her kitchen camera!

pegelli

Can't you rent them somewhere to test them both for your purposes?

Both are great cameras, but I agree for moving toddlers the Sony is probably the better option, despite the slightly smaller sensor (allthough it has slightly more MP's)

vjbelle

For me the choice is easy..... Sony 7RM4. The EVF/LCD live view on the 50s is very inferior to the Sony. The Sony has a state of the art Sensor, is smaller and lighter. Countless lenses are available for the Sony including the stellar Voigtlanders.

Good luck with your decision.....

Victor B.

olegkin

I know nothing about either camera, so take it with a grain of salt. If I were to photograph toddlers, I would be looking at a different Sony. Unless you need a high megapixel count for whatever reason, A9.2 seems like a better choice than A7R4

retow

I’ll be doing quite a bit of macro work, but also want something that can do family photography, including moving toddlers! Any opinions? I’ve been using Leica M cameras for a while, and am familiar with the rangefinder style, which is why the Fuji appeals to me, as well as being medium format.

Toddlers? Mine is 18 months and fast but the A7rIV's eye AF does its job reliably.

Attachments