The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Monument Valley B&W Special

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
In all fairness neither camera fault or Woody's but the light is missing on this frame. I just don't have the highlights to work with. The P30 is by far sharper and I sharpened the D3x file and the tonal range is much better. The D3x is pretty flat looking and just the sun was in and out and might have been missed here. It was a fleeting moment with the sun. Honestly I would not look much into this the D3x is a good cam but this file does not exactly match. I did it both in ACR and C1 no difference really and all the B&W stuff was in Cs5. I did a lot of burning and dodging to to get it close but we need light. Like to try this again someday and see how they do when it is more even with light.

Leigh

Hi Guy,

I'd like one each of Monument Valley and Cathedral Rock (the post #18 version), B&W, on your choice of paper. I'm not familiar enough with the different papers to know which would provide better tonal range.

Lovely work.

PM sent. Thanks.

- Leigh

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks Leigh I will use Exhibition Fiber . Very nice tonal range with it. I have just a few left in this series if anyone is interested

woodyspedden

Thanks Gary. Got your order with Exhibition Fiber which is also really really nice looking. I think 5 left on this one and I also do have this of Cathedral Rock outside Monument Valley. That is really nice as well if someone wants this also. I will go Exhibition Fiber also. I bought 3 17 inch rolls of it just for this type of printing.

Hey Guy

I believe this rock is called "Church Rock", not "Cathedral Rock."

Woody Spedden

sangio

Ah man..... I've been thinking of visiting this area and these images just pushed me over the edge. So, tickets purchased....we'll be doing a loop around the 4 corners in September. Looks like I may have to upgrade my gear as well......visiting this site sure can be expensive !!

BTW, exceptional images Guy.

cheers
Santo