The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Monument Valley and the "3 Layers of Chinese Landscapes"

richardman

Some of you have seen this image before. In fact, this one has received the most "likes" I have gotten on getdpi.com which prompted me to try this print sale offer.

First, a bit on pricing. You might notice that my pricing is on the low end. The prime reason is that I want to get my prints to as many people as possible. At the end of 2012, I made a panoramic calendar (*) and sold a small number of it. The profit margin is low but now the number of people who have my prints increased by a factor of ten. This makes me feel good, especially the feedback has been very positive.

Of course while the calendar's quality is pretty amazing for its price (it's done on a commercial printer using a HP Indigo with CMYK profile), as we know, to fully appreciate an image, only a fine art print will do.

Second, in my original posting on GetDPI.com, I mentioned this image follows the principles of the 3 layers of Chinese landscapes without giving a clarification. Fortunately, George DeWolfe has done it for me:
The Synthesis of Chinese Landscape Painting and Photography

We photographers employ similar composition techniques - use a wide angle lens or a camera with movement and put an object on the front with a sweeping vista in the background, which is of course how this image was made. Nevertheless, as a Chinese calligrapher in addition to being a photographer, it's gratifying to see someone like George to promote a vision that is dear to my heart.

This image was made on a Leica M9 with a 35mm ASPH Lux.

Details Prints are signed and printed on a HP Z3100 on Harman Gloss Baryta paper. Payment can be made via Paypal ([email protected]) or check etc. Prices include shipping to CONUS. Non-US, please add $15.

8.5x11: $25
11x17: $40
13x19" $70
17x22" $90

Other sizes or paper options (i.e. Rag or even Japanese Washi) available.

(*) you can download a copy of the calendar here:
Richard Man Photography