The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Feeler: Nikon 28mm f/1.4 AF-D lens

Henry Goh

I bought this lens just after it was discontinued. I have not used it for regular shooting but have treated it as a collection lens. It still has the Nikon warranty unfilled, boxed with both caps. As I'm now heavily invested in Canon, I'm tempted to sell it and use the proceeds for perhaps an M9 body or add a lens to my Phaseone kit.

If someone is interested in such a lens, please let me know as I prefer to deal here than to sell it on ebay.

http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/files/1/4/5/7/28mm-warranty.jpg

Last edited:

robmac

I'd be tempted to slap a nice chipped (e.g. "28mm, F1.4") Nikon-EoS adapter on it... ;>

Anyway, good luck on sale - sweet optic.

fotografz

Henry, I am interested.

PM a price to me and/or what other items you may be interested in trade. I'm open to either.

-Marc

BTW, I had that lenses before and it'd be a shame to slap it on a Canon since you can use a 24/1.4 or 35/1.4 on a Canon, but there isn't a fast Nikon AF prime below 50mm. ;)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The 28/1.4 is a wonderful lens - the last of a Nikon hand built era. I sold one of these a couple of years ago and regretted it. I just bought another only 6 weeks ago for a lot more than last time and I'm reminded just how sharp some versions of this lens can be.

Good luck with the sale - that looks like a nice example.