The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Pentax K adapter for micro 4/3

B

Bill Wilby

OK, so how many can I ship you, LOL I am looking forward to putting some of my older Pentax and Nikon lenses on my G1, so I don't need the aperture control but I haven't got around to ordering any of the other less expensive adapters. cheers Bill

V

Vivek

I am thinking of cobbling one up for the old K/42 mounts, myself.

I have no DA lenses and if I had any, I would use them on the new Pentax Kx which appears to be more versatile and cheaper than any m4/3rds camera.:D

kevinparis

you could buy a 4/3 to micro 4/3 and a k to 4/3... that gives you the option to add other lenses and adaptors later

K

you could buy a 4/3 to micro 4/3 and a k to 4/3... that gives you the option to add other lenses and adaptors later
That's a brilliant idea, actually. I hadn't considered it because I don't anticipate getting any 4/3 lenses (not µ4/3) and I suspect it's a dead end system. But it's flange distance of ~39mm is probably one of the shortest of all SLR mounts. Which means I can then get cheap adapters at $20 or so to pretty much whichever SLR mount I want! Looks like the way to go!

I can't see any obvious drawbacks to the plan, but I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this route.