The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: black M8 with lenses

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
My black Leica M8 is for sale. As new in box. Two E39 UV/IR filters included. Bought 9. October 2007.
I want to concentrate my money on one system that does it all, including macro, tele and action.

Came with a defect battery and / or battery charger, but both have been replaced by Leica.

The focus was off as well.
It was adjusted in Solms but when it came back the rangefinder patch had been put out of vertical alignment. So off it went to Solms for the second time.
Now finally everything works perfectly :)

Haven't used it much. When I had vacation and time to use it, it was in Solms for adjustment :(
As per today 15. March 2008 the total shutter count is only 770 actuations (hex = 302) including the ~100 born test shots from the factory, but I suppose I'll just go on using it a bit while having it up for sale.

3,500 Euro. Shipment and insurance at buyers cost. Bank transfer preferred, PayPal if you insist.

If you are within Europe and need an extra body it might make sense to get this one where all problems have been sorted out, at a low (old) price level, and with an extremely low shutter count.

Try it before you buy it ?
Feel free to visit us in Copenhagen and pick up the camera.
We live in a big old house, and there's room so you can stay for the night.
Send me an e-mail or a PM.

Steen

P.S.
The buyer of the camera can buy these items along with the body:

1 Black Leica Elmarit-M 2.8/28mm ASPH, bought 16. October 2007, 1,100 Euro.
1 Black Leica Summarit-M 2.5/50mm, bought 8. December 2007, 800 Euro.
1 Black Megaperls MS-MAG x1.35 eyepiece magnifier with diopter for Leica M, 90 Euro.
1 Leica Akku M8 original battery (14 464) never been charged, still in the box, 60 Euro.
1 Black Leica UV/IR Filter E 46 (13 411) never been used, still in the box, 80 Euro.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Here's the package, I forgot to get the strap along in the picture. All original boxes and paperwork are there.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
No signs of use except that I have put some dedicated "LCD Screen Protective Film" from "Kaiser Fototechnik" on the screen to protect it against scratches, so the screen is totally clean. I'll put up some more photos later.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
- born coded of course, as this version was released at the same time as the M8

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Here's the strap that I forgot to get along in the initial package picture. It does exist, the strap was just never unpacked and put on the camera.

D

DougDolde

I think US buyers are left out at 3500 Euro due to the Euro/Dollar conversion which puts it over the cost of a new body from B&H.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
So true, Doug.

Right from the beginning I realized that with the present currency exchange rates it wouldn't make sense for any US citizen to buy anything in Europe.

That was why I wrote as I did in the very first post:
"If you are within Europe and need an extra body it might make sense to get this one where all problems have been sorted out, at a low (old) price level, and with an extremely low shutter count."

And I suppose that's also the reason why I haven't been able to sell it. After all most of the members of this forum are from US.

Hey, any europeans out there looking for an M8 or an extra M8 body, it's actually a good offer ... despite what Doug says :D

(Doug, in Denmark the M8 price is 38000 DKK, which equals 7650 USD :eek: can you believe that ... )

H

Haya

Hi bondo I bought my M8 in Europe but I got it tax free in schipol airport for exactly 3500 euros last April so while I am in search for a 2nd body and yours looks to be in super condition I would probably look for a us seller... Have u tried looking for a seller locally ?

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Haya, I haven't seen any other "used M8" sellers here in Denmark, right now I seem to be the only one.
I admit it is difficult to compete with tax free sales. That's why I assume it is only of any interest among people within Europe. In any case, shipment costs to Bahrain would probably also be pretty high, so unless you are planning to visit Denmark ... :)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Haya, I came to think of that maybe you ment to ask whether I have been looking for a local buyer ?
In that case the answer is yes. I am advertising the camera here in Denmark also, and tomorrow a buyer is coming to take a look at it. Another local buyer has already seen it and tried it side by side with his brand new Canon 1DMrkIII. The Leica files blew the Canon files away, and he was obviously shocked. He said he would be back provided he could sell his Canon without too much of a loss. So yes, I am also trying to sell locally, if that was what you ment.

H

Haya

Yup I meant buyer! sometimes my fingers type faster than my brain! ;)

I think your best bet would be to find one in Denmark since anyone who reads this forum regardless of their location will probably look for a US seller... to Bahrain a Fedex shipment from Europe is about 50$ and thats for 2-3day service so shipping is not an issue....

I buy almost all my camera accessories lenses etc from the U.S. just because the Bahraini Dinar is pegged to the U.S. Dollar so I don't loose any money on the exchange rate.

Like you said in Denmark a new M8 is over 7000$ so a local buyer would work best not just anyone in Europe.

On a side note I was just curious, can you tell me is the Tax rate for goods unified in the EU? or is it calculated at different rates in different places?

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Yes, taxes are different in different countries of Europe. As an example I think the V.A.T. is 19 % in France while it is 25 % in Denmark. And if you buy a car in Denmark (don't even think about it!) you have to pay 180 % of the sales price in taxes :shocked: So in fact you pay a car three times, one time to the seller plus two times to the authorities. No wonder you don't see so many nice cars or new cars in Denmark. You know, we hate cars around here :D Why I live here ? Well errm ... I have to think about that one :eek:

H

Haya

wow very interesting and sorry to hijack your thread but I was always curious!