The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mint, Low Use, H3D-II/39 Kit

fotografz

Considering a move up to the new H4D ... but first this has to go to a new home.

H3D-II body and matching 39 meg back. 1.1X factor. Goes to ISO 800. Sync speed to 1/800th. Latest firmware installed. All factory extras.

This is a very low use, mint kit. I haven't even removed the plastic from the LCD. For the most part the back has resided on a Rollie Xact-II view camera tethered to my Mac in studio, so the camera has seen even less clicks than the back. This kit has been 100% bug free and totally reliable.

Lens not included. However I can package the kit alone, or with one of two initial lens choices:

H3D-II/39 back and camera alone: $10,900.

H3D-II/39 back, camera and AF HC35/3.5: $12,700. note that the HC35 is $3,250. new @ B&H

H3D-II/39 back, camera, Hasselbald CF adapter, and mint Zeiss 120/4 CFE macro. $12,850.
(the CF adapter is fully auto aperture metering and shooting, and the camera automatically recognizes any Zeiss 500 series CFE lens when attached ... all other legacy C, CF, CFi Zeiss 500 series lenses can be used and are already programed into the camera, but you have to manually select the lens used in the grip LCD. Note that the latest version of the Phocus software now supports DAC lens corrections [Distortion, Aberration] on most V lenses).

Any choice will come with a 12 Gig Extreme III Sandisk CF card, and 2 Grip batteries.

Please read the feed back section here on the F/S forum and buy with confidence. I have sold MFD systems for more $ than this one with positive feed back.

I suggest avoiding Pay Pal on this total ... and we can work out private payment details if interested. Shipping $ Insurance (if needed) is buyer's cost.

As an owner of the latest greatest DSLRs, trust me when I say they all pale in comparison to the files from this kit. :)

Ask any questions, and thanks for looking.

(I have a wedding today so I can't post photos yet, but will if there is any interest shown).

KETCH ROSSI

I like to thank Bob for the link He sent me to this post.

Very interested in the Hassy System minus the Lens.

I imagine that everything else is as delivered from Manufacturer and only thing missing is the 80mm which I don't need any way.

fotografz

I like to thank Bob for the link He sent me to this post.

Very interested in the Hassy System minus the Lens.

I imagine that everything else is as delivered from Manufacturer and only thing missing is the 80mm which I don't need any way.
Yes, all factory items: Back, body/body cap, metered prism, 2 grip batteries, and a charger set.

Instead of the semi-useless 2 Gig CF card that came with the kit, I'm including a Sandisk 12 gig Extreme III, There are 2 tether cords for shooting directly to a computer: Firewire 400 to 800, and a Granite Digital Firewire 800 to 800 (the camera port is FW 800).

Current version of the Flexcolor and/or Phocus software is downloadable from the Hasselblad site for free. The firmware in the camera is current so you would need to download the latest RAW processing software version to be compatible with the firmware in this camera.

All updates are user installed and are provided at no cost. There is a new version of Phocus due very soon and will probably include a camera firmware update which is included in the software update and is easier to install in the camera than firmware updates for 35mm DSLRs.

Hasselblad doesn't include a hard copy of the manual with the kits, that is also available on the Hasselblad web site.

Let me know before I send this off to be sold elsewhere. It's being exclusively offered here for a few more days.

PM me with any other questions or to purchase. Check the F/S endorsements sticky at the top of this section .... I have sold MFD systems to other members which cost more than this one and the transactions went smooth.

Thanks for the inquiry,

Marc

jlm

Workshop Member
let me underscore what a great deal marc is offering...and he is a very good guy to deal with

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I would 2nd the endorsement. I have purchase a lot of used equipment from Marc. He has checked everything out for you and you know you have a perfect system when you get it. This is an exception value.

fotografz

I would 2nd the endorsement. I have purchase a lot of used equipment from Marc. He has checked everything out for you and you know you have a perfect system when you get it. This is an exception value.
Hope you meant "Exceptional" value ... :ROTFL:

Thanks you guys !!

-Marc

KETCH ROSSI

Yes, all factory items: Back, body/body cap, metered prism, 2 grip batteries, and a charger set.

Instead of the semi-useless 2 Gig CF card that came with the kit, I'm including a Sandisk 12 gig Extreme III, There are 2 tether cords for shooting directly to a computer: Firewire 400 to 800, and a Granite Digital Firewire 800 to 800 (the camera port is FW 800).

Current version of the Flexcolor and/or Phocus software is downloadable from the Hasselblad site for free. The firmware in the camera is current so you would need to download the latest RAW processing software version to be compatible with the firmware in this camera.

All updates are user installed and are provided at no cost. There is a new version of Phocus due very soon and will probably include a camera firmware update which is included in the software update and is easier to install in the camera than firmware updates for 35mm DSLRs.

Hasselblad doesn't include a hard copy of the manual with the kits, that is also available on the Hasselblad web site.

Let me know before I send this off to be sold elsewhere. It's being exclusively offered here for a few more days.

PM me with any other questions or to purchase. Check the F/S endorsements sticky at the top of this section .... I have sold MFD systems to other members which cost more than this one and the transactions went smooth.

Thanks for the inquiry,

Marc

Well thanks for the including of the 12GB card, I could use it in one of my other gear, but for my Pro gear I have been using the 32 (60mbps), and for my Hassy will be using the new 64's (90mbps).

Fiere wire wil definitely want to use the best and fastest available 800 to 800 off course, the 400 is as useless as the USB, with 21mp imagine with 39 :)

Will be sending you a PM now :)

EDIT: Does the actual Hassy 39 DB allows the faster downloads of 60 to 90MB/s to be taken advantage of? Or does it have a limit of what speed can take advantage of?

Last edited:

KETCH ROSSI

Hey Marc,

any body there :)

I have to make a purchase and can't expect the other sellers to wait around for me, so please give me a reply here or on PM, see if we can close a deal so I can start shooting.

Welcome any one to elaborate on the 100mm vs. 120mm Macro.

Thanks.

Thanks for getting back at me Marc.

BTW, the reason I'm trying to get your kit, is because you are well regarded here, as well as by Nick over at HasselbladDigitalForum.

Last edited:

fotografz

Hey Marc,

any body there :)

I have to make a purchase and can't expect the other sellers to wait around for me, so please give me a reply here or on PM, see if we can close a deal so I can start shooting.

Welcome any one to elaborate on the 100mm vs. 120mm Macro.

Thanks.

Thanks for getting back at me Marc.

BTW, the reason I'm trying to get your kit, is because you are well regarded here, as well as by Nick over at HasselbladDigitalForum.
Thanks Ketch,

as I replied in my PM, Hasselblad just beat everyone to the punch with a new trade in program toward the H4D/60.

This kit is now withdrawn from sale. Had I known earlier of the Hassey promotion I would have never even offered it up ... but it just came to light late yesterday and confirmed this AM. Quite a shock since Hassey had suspended trade-ins some tme ago. Pretty incredible trade-in program IMO.

Thanks to all who made offers.

-Marc

P.S., Ketch, the 100/2.2 is quite a lens ... it's not much bigger than the 80/2.8 and in general is a better optic IMO. The OOF areas are beautiful. It's my "normal" lens on an H camera.

The Macro is a beast ... very large compared to the 100/2.2, but is optmized for close focusing flatness of field and it IS a macro. It is my main studio lens for table top product work.

KETCH ROSSI

Thanks for the heads up Marc, and as I say, GFY (btw it does not mean Go F%$@ yurself :)) it really means good for you :) seriously how could you pass such great deal from Hasselblad, and this is actually one other reason I chose Hasselblad, their customer service and continuos offerings are second to none, so I have been told by my Hassy buddies :).

Thanks also for the tips on the 100mm.