The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Brand New Nikon 24 PC-E Tilt/Shift

dfarkas

Workshop Member
If anyone is interested I got one more of this new, hard-to-find lens. Brand new in box, USA product with warranty. $1849

CC or PayPal ok.

David
Dale Photo & Digital

David K

Workshop Member
In case anyone is interested I'm using the copy I bought from David for architectural interior stitching. Here's three images combined into one for an equivalent FOV of a 14mm lens without distortion. I love this lens.

gogopix

Subscriber
In case anyone is interested I'm using the copy I bought from David for architectural interior stitching. Here's three images combined into one for an equivalent FOV of a 14mm lens without distortion. I love this lens.
how did you do this? did you use just the shift? or independent frames from a tripod?
I thought the shift would only get abouyt 50% increase in WA

Victor

woodyspedden

I also own one from David at Dale and after some learning curve issues regarding metering have learned to love it. Great lens for stitched panos as per David K.

Woody

David K

Workshop Member
Victor,
This is shift only... left>center>right... manual metering, using the Live View feature which allows precise, zoomed focus control from the screen. Copy the three images to one new file, hit auto-merge and presto, it's done. Here's the individual frames for reference. BTW, by rotating the lens 90 degrees, you should be able to get a multi-row panorama with just a bit more work.

Woody,
Yes there is a learning curve with this lens for those, like me, who were unfamiliar with tilt-shift lenses, but it's not a very steep one thanks to the instant feedback afforded by digital.

David

David K

Workshop Member
Looking at these on the screen I do believe I could have done this with two images only... left and right.

woodyspedden

Looking at these on the screen I do believe I could have done this with two images only... left and right.
Great finished image though. This lens is really sharp. I think I will do some comparisons between the 24 PC shift and stitched and a careful image from the 14-24.

Any advice welcomed

Woody

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I can do it in two, the full left and full right, with my 24 TSE on my Canon full frame...

David K

Workshop Member
Guy,
You are spot on with this advice. Just found out that pressing the Info button does just this. The deeper you dig with these new Nikons the more you realize how much thought went into their development.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
David you can set the grid as you shoot in the menu also. Like having two different screens. This is what seperate a decent camera into a very useful one. Look for that in the menu

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
It's not , oh that is a huge bummer. Nikon needed to put that in there . A really nice feature in the D300.

David K

Workshop Member
With the D3 in Live View mode just press the info button for a grid. Not available thru the viewfinder but works well for me because I'm shooting this kind of stuff on tripod anyway.